Thread: Motorola Defy not showing the accurate battery meter.

Motorola Defy not showing the accurate battery meter.

Hi, I am enjoying using my new Motorola Defy. It is really amazing mobile. But I have a small issue. After using this mobile from last one month I have noticed that the Motorola DEFY round up the battery life of to the nearest 10% instead of showing the accurate percentage? It would be better if the shown percentage of battery life is accurate, as that will give me the accurate idea about how much more I can use my mobile and when it will be switching of. So I wanted to know whether there was any way to change this. Does anyone know anything related to this topic? Please help.

Re: Motorola Defy not showing the accurate battery meter.

I am also using Motorola Defy and after researching a lot on this issue I have came across the fact that there is no method yet known to anyone, by the use of which, you can change the settings in your Motorola Defy mobile so that accurate percentage wise battery life of your mobile will be displayed. All the Motorola mobile phones display the battery life in this manner only that is rounding up the battery to the nearest 10% instead of showing the battery in accurate 1% steps.

The "SysTray Monitor" app is a tiny app which I use for my Motorolla Milestone. It has helped me to displays the percentage of the remaining battery meter of my Motorola Milestone in the notification bar. It had helped me but I am not sure whether it will help you or not. I have also read about this one more app called “Battery Left” which can help you solve your issue. You can search about these two apps in Android Market and give them a try. Battery Left is a widget which reads your battery cycle and displays the remaining battery power in 1% increments. Though, the Battery Left app is a paid app.

Thank you, guys for your quick replies. It was very kind of you people to try helping me. But unfortunately nothings seem to be solving my issue. I tried the “SysTray Monitor” app but it comes to know that this application is also using the same method to count the battery life left as my Motorola Defy was originally doing. It is also Showing battery life percentage in 10% round figure instead of the 1%, which I want. And as you were not sure about the Battery Left app, I did not try buying it. But instead I searched about it on Internet and after reading many forums and reviews I came to know that it still shows a rough figure in the beginning.

You should try the “DefyBatt” widget specially designed for the Motorola Defy Smartphone. I am also using the same and I can guarantee you that it will give you the accurate battery left percentage along with the number of hours left to completely drain the battery power. It is a not free and will cost you for its amazing service. It will show you the battery life in the accurate 1% steps as you wanted. You can search for it in Android Market and can purchase it for there. It is simple to use and shows the accurate result. It helps you to determine percentage based on voltage level.

There are few apps available in the Android market which can be used to solve your problems. These are the following few which I can recommend you to give a try:
    BatteryTime: It is a free Android battery app which has got a very simple and amazing design. Along with the detailed percentage of the battery power remaining, this app also displays the amount of time you can play audio/video or surf the web. This calculation is based on the current reading of battery power remaing.
    Vizbattery: It gives the user a precise detail of the battery reading in percentage. The animated design of this Android application blends well with the Android home screen. It has got a very good battery design which provides the user with options to change themes, color and other settings. It runs on Android 1.5 and above version only.
    You can also try
    Battstatt, Quickbattery, Battery meter app