Thread: Xperia X10 SMS not working after update to Android 2.1

Xperia X10 SMS not working after update to Android 2.1

I am using the Xperia X10 and I have small issue on sending SMS after updating to android 2.1. I am not able to send neither messages nor more than 160 characters extended. If I write a message that exceeds 160 characters in length, after I attempt to send SMS I acquire the memo "Unable to send" and I have to remove characters so as to fit into the 160 character limit. I know this is the standard length of a message, but for a lot of years, all phones "concatenated SMS" function that allows multiple messages to be sent as a. though the company charges for each message divided into 160 characters. Can anyone help on this?

Re: Xperia X10 SMS not working after update to Android 2.1

I have faced the similar issue after upgrading to Android 2.1. I have tried the lots of solution but this doesn’t help me to solve mine issue and after that I went to my flash using the same software in the Nordic countries, I tried another thing that really worked for me, I hope this works for you, all backup using the backup and restore application, then to settings and choose the privacy and then select the factory data reset. And it worked well. I hope this will help you.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this you need to follow the following steps: first go to the setting and after that make hit on the Wireless & Networks. Now under the Wireless & Networks go to the Mobile Networks and under that go to the Network Mode and selecting and then make it as GSM only and then go through your issue. This has been helped to solve mine issue.

I have facing the same issue after upgrading to android 2.1. I cannot send 160 SMS still. And there are times I am not able connected to the Internet, because data cannot be activated. So I have to go to airplane mode and turn it back on and it was frustrating. And after the upgrade, there are some numbers from my contacts that is not documentation. I do not know why. Can anyone help on this issue and I can solve the problem of mines.

According to me if you’re not getting connected to the internet and there must be issue on the downloading the MMS settings. So I would like to advise you to download the MMS settings from these steps and after that you can solve your issue. To do this make hit on the setting and after that make click on the Sony Ericsson. Now on the Sony Ericsson make hit on download settings and make sure that you have downloading the internet/MMS setting. I hope this will help you to solve your issue.

I've been through this same problem and I'd suggest to repair the phone and after installing the Android 2.1 and this will help much to solve the problem. To repair the phone can also contact the manufacturer and what you can do complete repair. Now, once the repair is finished and after reinstalling the new Android 2.1 and then go through your theme. I hope this will help a lot to solve the problem.