Thread: How to create Battery Status widget on Samsung Wave

How to create Battery Status widget on Samsung Wave

Hi friends I have recently bought Samsung wave and I am very gadget freak person very much interested in trying new things in all types of gadgets. Now I am trying to create a widget a which display my current battery status on my phone which is very helpful to me. I have never made any widgets for Samsung mobile phones I am new to this if you have any idea about how to make a widget like that then please tell me what to do? Please give me proper steps about how to make this widget. Thank you.

Re: How to create Battery Status widget on Samsung Wave

Hey as you said you want to make widget which displays the level of your battery. You can try this on widget emulator but you will not able to run this widget successfully on your mobile phone because Samsung wave mobile will not allow to show the status of your device. But Samsung is now modifying the restrictions and you will be able to do all this kind of things in new upgrade of firmware I don’t have any release details but I suggest you to wait till new upgrade of firmware. Else you can try with emulator.

I have gone through your post. If you are not able to create a widget then I have other way which will help you to check the battery level of your device for that you just need to follow the following code.

var
    alert(
    batteryLevel = bondi.devicestatus.getPropertyValue({property:"batteryLevel"});"The current battery level is: " + batteryLevel);

Let me whether this trick worked for you or not?

Hey Thank you for the information given by you. But I don’t know how to use that code. Right now for making the widget I am using Eclipse. And there is a template called Bondi device status which I use to get the battery information. When I run the project it shows me the information. But when I put the widget on the phone it brings up the table but which remains empty. Please tell me what to do with this problem if you have any more idea about this problem then please help me out.