Thread: Disney DVD Ripping Problem on my Mac

Disney DVD Ripping Problem on my Mac

Ok, folks, this topic maybe discussed before here (I am sorry to unable to search it), my problem is with Pirates of the Caribbean 3 so yes it's a Disney dvd, I just bought but wish to be able to watch it on my iPad 2 during my Easter journey. However for some reason my Macbook always hints me error occurred when I tried to convert the DVD to iPad 2 format.

The DVD played smoothly on my Mac, but it seems that the converted video has been damaged after ripping (cannot play on my iPad at all), any good recommendation for DVD ripping or video mending for my iPad? Thanks in advance.

Re: Disney DVD Ripping Problem on my Mac

Well this happens if the source which you are using is not the perfect one I mean to say that the DVD is not better and that is the reason why you are facing this particular issue. Now what I want you to o here is that just try and use any other disk and the see whether you are able to rip it and if now then I guess some issues with the system so then you can install the DVD ripper software into it. I am sure you will not face any issues later on.

Quote Originally Posted by southparx View Post
    Well this happens if the source which you are using is not the perfect one I mean to say that the DVD is not better and that is the reason why you are facing this particular issue. Now what I want you to o here is that just try and use any other disk and the see whether you are able to rip it and if now then I guess some issues with the system so then you can install the DVD ripper software into it. I am sure you will not face any issues later on.
    Thx for your suggestion, yep, I guess there is something wrong with my source dvd, so that's the key point
    Maybe the DVD has been scratched cauz my carelessness.

The problem could also arise due to the video converter that you are using so what you can do is try using a different converter, something like the Handbrake which is an open-source program designed to convert MPEG video (including DVD-Video) into an MPEG-4 video file in MPEG-4 Part 14 (.mp4) or Matroska (.mkv) containers.