Thread: Motorola Defy: Can’t download application from Android Market on Wi-Fi

Motorola Defy: Can’t download application from Android Market on Wi-Fi

Here I don't have any connection trouble, mine is that I unable to download from android market. I can choose anything I wish but while I click install after that ok it hangs on 'starting download' - have just had the phone as Monday and have attempted frequently. I have even attempted to contact android market but no fortune. I have attempted all other site suggestions but once more no luck. Have checked 'Talk' and have logged off after that logged back on but at a standstill not anything. Anybody here got any suggestions for this?

Re: Motorola Defy: Can’t download application from Android Market on Wi-Fi

Here I just have few question and some tips for you. Have you attempted clearing the market cache? Have you attempted downloading through Wi-Fi or 2G/3G? If the "Data saver" is facilitated below SETTINGS> DATA MANAGER Market downloads just get started if associated to Wi-Fi. Please ensure with your Wi-Fi manufacturer on how you can unblock port 5228. And may be Firewalls can occasionally block this port therefore stopping you from downloading.

I did a factory reset and after that restored using MotoBlur. I was on to Motorola while the initial application downloaded. I had my Wi-Fi on. I have downloaded quite a lot of as but I have to download after that install then cancel download after that begin download another time, occasionally up to 9 times, earlier than it starts. Motorola say it is an android market trouble and not the phone. T-Mobile is at a standstill looking into the trouble. Will let you know if they return with an answer. At a standstill not certain what made it start functioning.

If you discover that you are cannot access the Android Market or download any programs or access immense email attachments, look through the web or recover pictures from social networking sites, confirm whether you have enabled the Defy's integral Data Saver feature. This feature can be facilitating throughout the first device setup wizard, or can be facilitated within the Data Manager Settings screen. The Data Saver is a service from Motorola intended to help users on limited data plans with their mobile operator to handle their data consumption.

I am running the most recent MoDaCo firmware but this occurred just the similar in 2.2. If I am connected to Wi-Fi and I download a market application on the cell, it assembled there at 'download starting' for as extensive as I have left it now - half an hour perhaps? If I disconnect the Wi-Fi and fall to 3G signal the application will rapidly download well. Wi-Fi works good for browsing the internet, updating videos and so on, it's just application downloads to the extent that I can tell.