Thread: How to disable Motoblur phonebook on Motorola Defy

How to disable Motoblur phonebook on Motorola Defy

I would like to immobilize the Motoblur phonebook on my Defy. I have establish that it becomes conflicting, keeps entries which should have been removed, keeps outmoded data while I update my Google contacts, and makes irritating duplicate entries while I make backups. Besides, I don't own one more Motoblur phone, don't map to have one in the predictable future, and it is the Google phonebook that is helpful for general syncing between devices and PCs, and the one that should triumph. The Motoblur phonebook is ineffective, unnecessary, and superfluous and even causes me troubles. Anyone have any idea to solve this annoying issue?

Re: How to disable Motoblur phonebook on Motorola Defy

For me the major trouble is that upon making of a fresh contact, a MotoBlur contact is automatically shaped with it. Which I after that have to ungroup, remove (and group another time with an eventual Facebook-acc). So I have no additional choice but to hand my personal data out to a few doubtful services that I neither wish nor require nor ever asked for, and certainly do not faith. This is truly irritating. As there are lots of other insects and other discrepancies in blur. But anyhow there's light on the horizon: I guess I will obtain a new phone earlier or later from my company and I know splendidly what manufacturer it will not come from.

There are quite a lot of ways to back up contacts on the phone, first being Google. All contacts entered as of the phone are backed up to your Google account. After that there is the MotoBlur service. There is no means to immobilize the backup to MotoBlur except you skip signing into it while you first set up your phone (not obtainable in all regions). There are as well a lot of applications like Facebook and Skype that will attach contacts to the address book, either via the BLUR or using the applications themselves. You can choose which sets of contacts you wish to view, but the backup occurs automatically.

How do I permit my Motoblur account go inactive, if the phone continues syncing with it on its own (and thus, I suppose, keeping it "active")? And how extensive would it take for it to go "inactive"? Initially, without knowing the phone's actions up till now, I entered my Facebook account. The syncing and updating almost made me broke with all the data traffic. And it occupied the address book with my contacts' data. A few of them have nicknames, others have out-of-date or partial information in their profiles, and I couldn't edit the entries- they were locked.

Motoblur is the major reason I will not purchase a Motorola phone any longer (apart from if it's vanilla android manifestly or unlocked boot loader). I thought Motoblur was only a skin and a few widgets. Unluckily it is much more. The unfeasibility the disable the MotoBlur account in the account list is truly disappointing. The way information’s are varied is truly bothering. I went through several difficulties to dispose of the linked profiles to keep just one. While I purchased the Defy, I wanted some reasonable good hardware. What I found is leggy complicated or ineffective software and tweaks.