Thread: Unable to turn off Radio in Motorola DEFY

Unable to turn off Radio in Motorola DEFY

My recently bought Motorola Defy has 2 serious issues. I hope that these issues can be fixed anyway.
    • The first issue is radio does not turning of and locks all, if an individual call, the radio continues mutually, teh radio no end.
    • While I attempt to vary the radio station, the station keeps on through the sound of the older station, except visually it operates radio.

Currently my DEFY is running with Android 2.1. I hope that it is not necessary to replace my mobile.

Re: Unable to turn off Radio in Motorola DEFY

I have the similar trouble, particularly if I make use of the radio in the backdrop. At a few position the radio-application looses connection from the fm-radio and can't set up a fresh connection. In the ending you must reboot your mobile phone if you would like to discontinue the radio. And if you take away the headphones, you don't hear the radio, except it does not denote the radio is off. To come across the trouble you must perceive sound of fm-radio for several hours on work or hence, and make use of your phone for different tasks.

My best option to end the Radio is to switch on flight mode. This ends all data transfers and hacks the radio. Afterward you can toggle flight mode back of and set out regarding your work. Perceptibly clicking the headphones icon ends the radio, except after that it's still utilizing precious resources transmitting data except not leasing you pay attention to it. There are some small ridiculous application settings on this mobile phone, had it for partially a day and it's grand except with glow sprinkle of curved.

Sometimes even you close the apps in Android phones it will not going to end its process. For this the best example is the Radio applications. Even if you close the app the Radio is still working in background and producing sound either on your earphone or in phone’s inbuilt speaker. For this you need to manually kill the app process. There might be some options to make it. Sometime you may have the option to end the Radio within the app itself. You should check on that.

The Radio keep on outputting the sound until you take out the earphone. Otherwise the app will not going to stop its sound. As far as I know that the FM radio app only activates when you plug the earphone or headphone to the phone. If you are using the internet radio then it would the problem with the app itself. The app may not able to stop the internet radio in your phone. For this either you need to disconnect the data or internet from the phone.

It looks like bug in the Radio app. Are you using any kind of third party radio app? If so then it could be incompatible app for your version of Android or the phone itself. If not, then there is only way to fix this issue. As this is a software related problem either you need to restore the default settings otherwise hard reset the phone. Another way is if there is any update available then you should get that as soon as possible. The latest may be android v2.59.