Thread: How to change the default file location in Samsung Galaxy Tab

How to change the default file location in Samsung Galaxy Tab

Hello everyone I am having this doubt from quite some time, happy that I got the chance of asking the question in this forum. my query is that I want to change the default location of the storage of all files. I am thinking of making the sd card as the default location for the storage of all the downloaded files and hence I think that should be the main criteria for it. So what do you think what can be the best possible methods to change the default location, I know you are very well versed with the solutions, so please do answer out all my queries.

Re: How to change the default file location in Samsung Galaxy Tab

I am a bit confused with your question. You are saying that you want to keep sd card as the default storage location of all the files, but what about the files which you download from the application, the storage locations of the applications can differ so what you want exactly, the files such as video, audio should be transferred from internal memory to the external memory or something else? First clear out your query and reply back to me.

Try to make use of the application named as App Astro. It is a very easy application and it will be very easy for you to transfer all the files that you require. I think this is a very useful application for you and you must have a definite look over it so that you will be able to make use of that application. So that’s what I have to say here, try using this application in the android market and that will be of much use for you.

Make use of the file manager if you want to o just a simple transfer of the files from the internal memory to the external memory, I think file manager would be a very useful tool for you in this situation, a simple effective method for you, so that you can work with efficiently. You can definitely change the default storage location of the mobile and then apply it accordingly in your phone. As the above user said the situation would be different if you are downloading from the applications and it will be very difficult to predict the storage location of the applications.

Ok actually I was saying that I want to store all the location of the files in the sd card only and here after all the files should get stored there only and not In the internal memory storage location. I hope you all have understood my question correctly and thanks for considering my question and answering all my replies very quickly. So thanks a lot for that, I am happy with the response and I will do consider the suggestions that you have given me here.