Thread: Date and Time widget does not keep time correctly in Motorola Defy

Date and Time widget does not keep time correctly in Motorola Defy

I just got this new Motorola Defy with me and I am really happy with it.The mobile is really nice and don’t have any problems with it.But now I have noticed a minor problem in it and that is with the date and time widget if its.The issue is that the Date and Time widget does not keep time correctly in Motorola Defy.The thing is that The date and time widget will not keep the current time. It stops the clock at the time the screen times out. I have no applications that are selected for auto end so that is not the issue.But please do get back to me on this as I want to get rid of it immediately.

Re: Date and Time widget does not keep time correctly in Motorola Defy

I just had a look at the questions that you have put up and would say that this is something that has been faced by many people.Also I want to know that is it the clock widgets that came with the phone or widgets you got from the android market? Also do let me know when the phone changes the time and date. Also does it happen in the notification bar does that change as well?Please do get back to me on this as I would let you know the reason why this is happening.

Even I am not able to get the problem that you are facing. Can you please tell me the steps and also let us know which widget is this? Is this from some Android Market place or have you got this from some other place? Also did you do any change any other setting for example in task manager? And did you try deleting and adding this widget back? What I would say that you should long press and then hold on the widget till the trash can appears at the bottom. Also what I will tell you that you should delete the widget and add it back again and see if it will go away.This is what I feel that you need t do to get away with the problem that I am facing.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided to me and would say that I am very happy with them. I haven’t used then until now but I am sure that once I will use them then all will be fine with me. I would tell you that this widget is a Motorola date time widget that is not working. Also the time shown at the top by the battery is always correct.But the problem occurs when you resize the widget and then it will update the time to the correct time but will stay at that time and not update. So this is the real issue but I will try to solve them by using the solutions that you have given.

I think that you just need to follow the same solution that is being given over here.Also I would tell you that you can achieve this even by deleting it and then again reinstalled it again.I am sure that this solutions will definitely work for you without any problem and there won’t be any issues at all.Also I would suggest you that while doing so you just need to remember that there is no applications that are set to auto end in the tasks manager.So once you take care of these then there won’t be any problem at all.

I would say that if you are using a task killer which can be really useful in such situation then it may be stopping a task that is needed for the widget to work.So I think that this can really be very handy in such situation.Also do remember that you need to clear your auto kill list and then see if the problem goes away or not. Also do remember that if it does add items back one at a time to see which one is interfering with the widget.Doing this will surely help you to get away with the problem that you are facing.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given and would say that these solutions have really helped me to fix the issue that I was facing.What I did was that I just delete the widget and then again reinstalled a new one which really helped me to fix this problem.So I would say that this solution was really very effective and would say that this should be used by people who are facing a similar kind of issue.So I would finally like to thank you all for the solutions that you provided me to solve the query that I was facing.

unsure Re: Date and Time widget does not keep time correctly in Motorola Defy

I too have the same date and time problem on motorola defy.
    The time is the widget that came with the phone. It appears in the status bar at the top right of the screen. Periodically the displayed time pauses waiting to be reset in the phone settings, date and time function. The internal clock is to function with calendar alarm widgets.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRabbit View Post
    I too have the same date and time problem on motorola defy.
    The time is the widget that came with the phone. It appears in the status bar at the top right of the screen. Periodically the displayed time pauses waiting to be reset in the phone settings, date and time function. The internal clock is to function with calendar alarm widgets.
    Try to use your phone without memory card and see if that works. It seems odd but sometimes memory card is the culprit for this. If this does not work then you can move on to reset the phone.