Thread: How to read sim card in Sony Xperia X10

How to read sim card in Sony Xperia X10

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I am having a sony ericsson Xperia X10. I have been using it for some time now. The device has been superb to use. But, I don’t know whathas happened now and it is really irritating me. At the top of my number in the contact list, I am able to see that the sim card cannot be read. I am not able to figure out the issue why such a thing is happening. Guys please let me know some suggestions as this is really a vague and weird thing that I am seeing. Your replies are really appreciated on a high note.

Re: How to read sim card in Sony Xperia X10

There is high percentage of chance that your sim card must be faulty and in the process must have been corrupted . Also, did you remove the sim card anytime and I also hope it hasn’t come in contact with water or such kind of things. Try getting a new one from the sony ericsson gallery and then to start the phone. Changing it will be helpful. I had myself tried this out once when I had a problem and it really worked. I wish it is the same case with you too.

Hey why don’t you give a try to the latest version of the user guide. It is available on the internet if you find it out. In fact, it is also a printable version. Also, if your mobile phone is already running in the latest edition than, you can see the user guide from the cell phone. You just have to tap the support icon and inside it go to support icon and there you will easily be able to find the user guide. I hope this post helps you out in some way or the other .

Hey dude.I read the above replies and I really found it out to be over motivated. I have a simple solution. I really advise you that you give a try to it first and then try the bigger solutions. Just switch off the mobile phone and then again switch it on. In the other sense just reset the phone. If luck is on your side then things will be fine. Sometimes, basic things like such we miss out and without any reason try the harder and lengthier solutions.

I have a trick for you. Firstly, remove the sim card and then insert that removed sim card on to any other cell phone. Now, in the replaced phone, you will have to search for the menu for the function which tells you about the my number information. You will have to edit my number and then you will be required to save it. Now , insert the sim card again into your original cell phone. i.e., Sony Xperia X10. Now, I feel the sim card will be read.

Guys really thank you so much for taking your respective time out and helping me out. It was indeed superb to see. I tried switching my phone on and off but it did not work. Also, inserting the sim card in the other mobile gave me no joy. In fact, I replaced the original sim card too and got a new one from the gallery but still the issue was persisting and then finally the user guide solution resolved my issue. It was an amazing experience to visit the website. Anyways, I once again take the opportunity to thank you friends.