Thread: Black screen on Motorola Defy Third party camera applications

Black screen on Motorola Defy Third party camera applications

I have purchased the Motorola Defy and my trouble is that there are numerous applications which make use of the camera (for instance CamScanner, Tagwhat, FatBooth as well as all Augement Reality application) and rather than the camera image there is a black screen. Following that if I begin the defaulting 'Camera' application, it prompts: 'camera initialization error". What is this? My phone is running with Android version 2.1.

Re: Black screen on Motorola Defy Third party camera applications

It looks like the third party camera applications are not compatible with your Motorola Defy or the Android 2.1. Sometime the incompatibility between the applications and the software can cause the black screen. So it would be better if you stick with the genuine camera app only. However the error may be due to the collaboration with other apps. As you said that you have installed the third party camera applications. Some of them still might be using the camera even after you close the app. So the original app fails to initialize the camera. You should try to kill the app which is running on background.

Among the third party applications which are installed in Motorola DEFY, there might be some spy cam applications which are secretly using the mobile camera without any preview, sound, flash and nothing. So when you launch the original mobile camera app, it is unable to get access to that camera and because of this reason it showing you an error message. So first of all check whether there are any such apps or feature among those applications. If yes, then either uninstall it otherwise the disable the capturing. It will free up the camera.

In android there will not be any necessary to install third party applications. The Motorola DEFY has already offered such a good camera app. Some third party app will not work with camera. In other words those apps are not best for mobile phones. However whatever app you are going to download or install in your mobile you have to make sure that they are downloaded from the official website or from the Android market. Do not download from third party sites. Some of them might be modified applications which may spy your phone.

In order to get rid of the error message from the original Camera app of DEFY you should get rid of all the third party camera apps. Otherwise you will not be able to resolve the issue. By removing such apps you will get to know about what is the problem with your phone’s camera. If it was actually due to those apps then it might have resolved by now immediately after the removal. If not then there might be something wrong with the camera settings or configuration. You should go through the camera option for that.

In my opinion the best way and maybe the possible way to resolve the camera issue in Moto DEFY is by clearing the camera cache. For this first of all you need to go to settings> Applications> Manage applications> camera and there select clear cache. After this restart the phone and launch the camera. If the issue still exists then try to restore the default settings using the phone settings menu. If not then there is no way other than hard resetting the device.