Thread: Motorola defy hides all contacts in my phone

Motorola defy hides all contacts in my phone

I have this new phone and would say that this phones is really good but I have some problem in this phone that I have noticed recently.The problem is that I have noticed that it keeps hiding contacts automatically without telling me.It’s not extremely annoying, because if you search for them they still pop up. But if I am just browsing through my contacts then it is a huge chunk of them are gone.So can you tell me what the problem is so that I can work on it immediately to get away with it.

Re: Motorola defy hides all contacts in my phone

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that have the contacts definitely gone? Also can you scroll left or right in the phone book to get the full contact list instead of just the most recently used ones? Please do let me know the solutions to these questions as I am really looking for them. This will help me to solve the problem that you are in will also help you too get away with this.

What I am saying is that the contacts just automatically vanished and then appear only when they are searched. Also I might even say more than half of the contacts have the same issue. Also it’s a little frustrating because I didn’t even choose for any of them to be hidden and to the best of my knowledge the only the way to unhide them is to click individually through each one on the hidden contacts menu. So this is what I did but that didn’t help me at all and there was a problem with all these contacts.

There is one more thing which you can do and that is you can just see the home screen and then from the home screen hit the contacts button first then scroll left and right to see what is there. Then what you can do is that you can get contacts back by re-importing them from my SIM again. Then just unhide a few but I think you should delete them from the phone anyway on the PC Portal page which are old and the one that you don’t use them often.So this is what you need to do and then everything will be fine with you.

I feel that it is the same thing which has been given in the previous solutions that you need to carry out to get away with this issue.Also what I like about this solution is that you can just delete all the old contacts that you don’t want and then there won’t be any problem at all.So you just delete them as they were old contacts I hardly used. And finally I would say that if nothing works then you might have to unhide them all as I haven't found any other way around it. So I am sure that once you use these solutions then you can fix the problem that you are facing.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given and would say that they have been really handy to me. I just used the same procedure to get away with the problem that I was facing and that worked for me beautifully.So I just feel that this type of solution can even be used by people who are facing a similar kind of problem.So finally I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided to me to solve the problem that I was facing.