Thread: Unable to use unlock screen on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Unable to use unlock screen on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Well i am having a serious issue with the unlock screen of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. When I am trying to unlock the slide function is all over the place and the unlock icon is located at the bottom of the screen. So I need to figure out where I need to slide. Sometime the screen is seems to be wild. Is there anyone who is having the similar issue like me and also let me know if you are aware of regarding the solution which you can apply to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to use unlock screen on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

I am not having any solution for the problem of yours but i am suggesting the following thing which you can use to create the screen unlock pattern.

1. From the Home screen you need to go for Settings and then go for Security and simply set unlock pattern.
    2. Use the instruction which are provided over there.
    3. In order to change the unlock pattern you need to tap on the Change unlock pattern. If you are looking to disable the screen unlock pattern you need to uncheck the Require Pattern checkbox.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here i am suggesting that you should do factory settings on the phone of yours and see whether it is making any difference or not.
    1. You need to visit the Application bar from the Home Screen and search for the Settings. Into Settings menu you need to go for SD card and Phone Storage.
    2. In the same you have to browse to the Factory Data Reset and simply go for the Reset Phone and enter the predefined lock code for verification.
    3. Once you have done you would have restore your phone to the factory default settings.

Can you tell me which version of the firmware you have installed on the phone of yours? If you are able to find out the same then you can use the following instruction to get the same. You need to go for Menu and go for Settings and tap on the About Phone. You will be able to see the version of the firmware on the phone of yours. Well i let you know as soon as i have come across regarding any particular solution.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here i am suspecting that this particular problem is occurring due to firmware issue. Hence i recommend that you should go for upgrading of the firmware of the device of yours. You should back up the data before doing the firmware upgrade because you will lost all the data after doing the firmware upgrade on the device of yours. Let me know whether you have fixed the problem after doing the firmware upgrade or not.

Let me know whether any of the above mentioned solution helped you to solve the problem or not. If it did not help you out to solve the matter then you need to visit the official service center for further help. Why i am suggesting because this problem is being happening due to hardware of the device of yours. If you are service warranty then make sure that your service warranty would be void if your handset is having physical damage.