Thread: How to fix the DellUtility and RECOVERY partitions on Dell Studio XPS 8100?

How to fix the DellUtility and RECOVERY partitions on Dell Studio XPS 8100?

Well i am having a Dell Studio XPS 8100 from past few days. I have noticed that the DellUltility and the recovery partition of the hard disk of mine is messed due to some reason. Well both the partitions are existing but none of them are seems to be boot. Also all the files which are stored on the DellUtility partition are lost . let me know if you are having any suggestion to meet the requirement of mine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to fix the DellUtility and RECOVERY partitions on Dell Studio XPS 8100?

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here i want to know following thing which you should answer. Can you tell me which operating system do you have installed? Let me know about the entire hardware configuration of the laptop of yours. Do you have done any changes on the system? Because i am suspecting this issue is being happening due to the corruption of the file. Answer the above mentioned thing as early as possible.

I am providing the following instruction which you can use to fix the problem of yours.
    Code:
    @echo off
    setlocal

set _P=%~dp0%
    set TEMPL=ISO

if /i "%1"=="" goto usage
    if /i "%2"=="" goto usage
    if /i not "%3"=="" goto usage
    set SOURCE=%_P%%1
    set DEST=%2

if not exist "%SOURCE%\winpe.wim" (
    echo Invalid architecture: %1
    goto :EOF
    )

if exist "%DEST%" (
    echo Destination directory exists: %2
    )

mkdir "%DEST%"
    if errorlevel 1 (
    echo Unable to create destination: %2
    )
    Y
    1. ou should copy and paste the above mentioned code on the notepad and save the same with setautofailover.cmd name.
    2. You need to launch the command prompt on the system and execute the following command.
    3. setautofailover /target D: /Disk 0 /Partition 2 /Nohide
    4. now restart the system and Press F8 from the keyboard and you will see Repair Your Computer option at the top of the screen.
    5. I am hoping that it will help you out.

Well the DellUtility is a DOS partition which is at the front of the drive which you can boot by simply choosing the boot menu when you are looking to run diagnostics on the system of yours. You will see that it is being hidden with ID as 0xDE and it would not be active untill and unless it is selected. You need to active through DOS and then simply copy to the Diag CD files and simply change everything according to need of yours.

I think you need to run PTEdit32.exe on the system of yours. well it will help you to change the DE to the 06 and change to the 80. 80 on the disk would make an active partition hence you need to place 00 where you have set 80 and set 00 where you have placed 80. Dell is using DRMK 8.0 and it can be used by the DOS also. You might need DellUtility CD files to copy to do the above mentioned changes on the laptop of yousr.

I am suspecting that there is something wrong with the laptop itself. Well i recommend that you should contact the Dell customer support team for further assistance. According to me the manufacture of the product can only help you to fix the problem of yours. Let me know whether you have managed to fix the problem or not. So that users can learn from the experience of yours.