Thread: How to use Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro as modem?

How to use Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro as modem?

I am a big fan of Sony Ericsson handsets, I used many of them in past now I am with Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro and I used all the old versions of Sony Ericsson as the modem to access the internet using the cell phone. But I am not sure about Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro, can I use this handset as modem to connect with internet? As I use to do with other handset or will I need some application to use this phone as modem?

Re: How to use Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro as modem?

Well mate there is application called PdaNet which is also accepted by the Apple for their Iphones and this application also worked for Android phones as well. This application gives a very good feature using Android users can use their Android phone as modem to connect with Windows PC. And other thing it this it won’t require the root access, and this application works on all the Android handset. This should be installed on your handset and you have to turn on the USB-debugging.

Hey thanks for this post because I was looking for the same query even I want to use my mini pro as the modem to access the net, so after reading this post I downloaded the PdaNet and one more application named EasyTether lite. And both support the USB connection but my problem is I am not able to find these application on my handset, many of the Android user might have used these application, please share your experience and procedure to use these application.

Well it seems you just bought the Android handset, dude it’s very to browse those files. First go on to the Home screen of your handset and then press the center hard silver button and after pressing this your handset will open the application panes. And from there you can browse the application you just have to flick to the right and left and you will find all the application which you have downloaded from the Market from your home screen.

Well yeah by above given instruction you will be able to find the application on your handset. And if you have downloaded the PdaNet let me also provide you the steps to connect it with your system so that you guys don’t have to post one more query here the steps to use PdaNet,
    1> When you will open the PdaNet application it will direct you to connect your handset with the PC vis USB.
    2> It will work as windows application, connect using USB and USB-Debugging should be ON.
    3> Now you have to right slick on the system tray and select “Connect”.
    4> And connection will be establishes. Simply choose “Disconnect” when you want terminate the connection.

That’s so nice of you guys, Without your help guys I won’t be able to do all this because for this in the end I would have called the support guy and they don’t go in so much detail. But now I don’t have to call anyone because I got the answer of my query I am using PdaNet and after following your steps it was really very easy to connect my phone as the Android. Thanks a lot guys for so detailed and easy steps. You guys and this site is really awesome.

Pdanet is succesful For Anroid Internet Connection....thnkssss...yupieeeee