Thread: Class of Micro SD Card in Motorola Defy

Class of Micro SD Card in Motorola Defy

I have lately bought a new Motorola Defy from the neighborhood store. When I first bought it previously comes with the 2 GB Micro SD card installed in it. Now I would like to know what is the class of this card pre-installed in my phone. Is it class 2 or class 4? Furthermore does this phone gong to support the high speed Micro SD cards like class 4 or 6? I am very eager to know about this anyway? Please help me.

Re: Class of Micro SD Card in Motorola Defy

I don’t know what class of Micro SD card included in your Motorola Defy but whatever the card it is pre-included it would a better and faster one. You don’t need to worry about the class because if you have got the card previously installed from the Motorola itself then it really a higher class memory card. There is no doubt about that. Furthermore this good smartphone is capable to work with higher class Micro SD.

Usually the Android phones are designed to work will all class memory cards. As you know that the Motorola Defy is also an Android based smartphone. So there is no doubt about that it can support any higher class SD cards. Usually the Android based phones comes with class 4 memory card but I am not sure about that. Support of the class is normally depends upon the maximum capacity of memory card the phone can hold. If the phone is compatible for only small amount then it obviously uses the low end cards.

If your Motorola Defy is capable to hold 16GB or 32 GB Micro SD card then there is no doubt about that it can hold or support class 4 or class 6 cards without any issues. This is because usually the large capacity card needs faster data transfer speed. If they have poor data transfer speed then is no use at all. So those phones which uses the maximum amount of SD cards usually comes with better class.

It is difficult to tell you that what class card included in your phone. However if your Motorola previously comes with Memory card installed then we can assume that it is a better class one. If you have put in later or the seller offered the memory card with the phone then there is no guarantee that it is a higher class card. If you are now looking to buy the card later then I urge you to get the class 4 or class 6 for your Motorola Defy. It will support it.

It appears that the Motorola Defy now can support MicoSD cards of a variety of speeds. I am at present utilizing a class 2 card and was doubting if anybody has evaluated by the use of a class 2 card vs. a class 4 card on Motorola Defy. In my comparison the speed class is extremely noticeable for me. I own a Class 2 8 GB card and the speed was so terrible that I purchased a Class 6 one. Now transferring data within USB drive mode is much quicker. This also effect the phone’s internal operating speed.