Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-04-2011

How to play WMA audio files on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play?

Recently i have purchased Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Well I it is having an support for the WMA. However when I am trying to copy the WMA file it is prompting an error message which is stating that the file need to be converted. Let me know if you are having any suggestion to meet the requirement of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 21-04-2011

Re: How to play WMA audio files on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play?

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here i am suggesting that you should go for the PowerAMP. According to me its a great music player and it is specially designed for the Android phone. You can get the same from the official website and for your kind information it is available for free on the official website. I am also using this particular media player and i am really happy with look and features of the same.
Old 21-04-2011

I am posting following features of the music player which would be helpful to you.
  • It is having support for the MP3, MP4 ,Ogg and WMA files.
  • You can get the 10 band graphical equalizer for all the supported formats and presets.
  • You can also have separate settings for the Bass and Treble.
  • You can also play the songs from the folders as well as from the system media library.
Old 21-04-2011

I let you know that WMA is stands for Windows Media Audio and it is a proprietary audio format which is owned by the Microsoft. It was mainly designed to combat with the MP3 format. It is encapsulated into ASF container and WMA is having an ability to attract more and more business and allowing them stick around this particular format. ASF container also provides two options for the WMA files .
Old 21-04-2011

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here i am suggesting that you should formatfactory to change the file format of WMA file rather than using the WMA file on the phone of yours. You can get this particular tool from the official website and it is available for free. It is very simple to use and having great features. I am hoping that this particular software tool formatfactory would be helpful to meet the requirement of yours.
Old 23-04-2011

I am suspecting that there is something wrong with the firmware of the phone itself. Well I recommend that you should go for the firmware upgrade and see whether there is any difference in the situation or not. I am also recommending that you should back up the data of the phone memory before doing the firmware upgrade. Since all the data would be erased from the phone memory. Once you have competed the process you should restore the back up on the phone memory.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,