Thread: How to prevent dial pad vibration in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10?

How to prevent dial pad vibration in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10?

i am having Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. Well recently I have upgraded the phone of mine with 2.1 version. After upgrading the same I am getting vibrations when I am trying to dial the number. It’s really frustrating and I want to get rid of it. Let me know how can I stop the vibration on the phone of mine. any suggestion to meet the requirement of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to prevent dial pad vibration in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10?

I don't know the instruction which i am going to mentioned over here would be helpful or not. But at least you should try the same and see whether it is working or not. You should launch the Dialer on the phone and simply hit the Menu and go for Settings. Into the Settings menu you need search for the turn off haptic vibration. After doing the same you will not have vibration on the device of yours.

Well thanks a lot for the prompt reply of yours. I have used the instructions of yours but unfortunately it did not helped me to fix the problem of mine. Let me know if you are having any other solution to fix the matter. I am really frustrated with this particular problem and i want to get rid off from this problem by any mean. Anyway thanks a lot for the prompt reply. Do post any other solution to fix the problem of mine.

You told me that you have used the instruction which is provided to tun off the vibration of the phone. Well i recommend that you should turn off the device and turn on and then try to turn off the vibration by the instructions which is provided into the previous post. If the issue is not solved then i am sure that there is something big issue with the phone itself. However you should do the thing as i have mentioned and let me know the results.

I am suggesting that you should do a factory reset and see whether it is working or not.
    1. You should go for Application bar from the Home screen and look for Settings. From where you have to search for SD card and Phone Storage option.
    2. Now you have to browse for the Factory Data Reset and go for the Reset phone and simply enter the unlock code.
    3. After finishing with the above mentioned settings you will restore your phone to the factory default settings.

As you have mentioned in the post of yours. You have started to face the problem after upgrading the firmware of the device. Hence i am suspecting that there is something wrong with the firmware which you have recently installed. So you should roll back the firmware to the previous working version of the phone. Make sure that you have back up the data before moving to the previous version of the firmware. I am hope it would work for you.

i am highly suspecting that this particular problem is occurring due to the hardware issue of the device. Hence i am suggesting that you should visit the service center and claim for the service warranty. I let you can only claim for the service warranty until and unless the device is not having any physical damage. If there is any physical damage on the device then you will not be able to claim service warranty in any manner.