Thread: Motorola CLIQ reboots randomly after upgrade to 2.1

Motorola CLIQ reboots randomly after upgrade to 2.1

Later than the 2.1 upgrade, my Motorola Cliq is currently rebooting at casual times all through the day. It is generally a pair of times a day. I have previously executed 3 factory resets to detach various problems later than upgrading to 2.1. After hunting through the many sites, it doesn't seem like replacement phones are the respond, and in my case, it doesn't emerge a factory reset is the answer. I just have two applications installed from the Market, and or else it's a stock Cliq configuration. I switched to Performance form for the battery before one day later than reading that it might assist battery drain, which is the additional lasting trouble I currently have after upgrading to 2.1. Has anybody here gotten to the base of the random reboots?

Re: Motorola CLIQ reboots randomly after upgrade to 2.1

I have been having the same problem, as have others who reported it in the initial "soak" release site. I have two Cliqs, both of which were factory reset later than the 2.1.5 upgrade and both of which have developed troubles with casual reboots. I not at all one time had a random reboot in the year I had my phone earlier than 2.1.5. At present I have perceived them each few days. The other day it occurs two times within a few hours.

I establish that my CLIQ restarts itself while it overheats (around 35 to 35 C, I utilize TempMonitor Lite). I have removed the majority of widgets that utilizes bandwidth to update to assist with temperature control. The temperature spikes while I utilize 3G and run a few apps. While my cell does start again, it occasionally would revive one more time because the CPU at a standstill hasn't cooled off and the phone is attempting to get up-to-date and sync with Google (I just have contacts sync on which helps with the overheating).

I agree with random rebooting later than upgrading during the 2.1 soak. I observed it within the initial hour of utilizing it. I can show that it does appear to do it when the phone is taxed greatly and it looks besieged and causing the temp to point on the CPU. I have had a list of cases where it rebooted consecutively about twice earlier than it lastly settled. I lastly did a factory reset the other day out of desperation but no change in any way.

I am on my second Cliq. The initial one I had to turn in because the slider keyboard was broken and sending text messages on its own plus not charging while I had it keen into a USB port in place of plugged into the wall. The one I am on currently has been rebooting itself at random as I installed 2.1. Hope I could tell you it was occurrence with a precise function or app, but it wasn't. Occasionally it was while I was attempting to unlock text messages, sometimes while I was attempting to scroll to discover a contact, or unlock an email, or plays a game, or move a widget to a different home screen, or unlock my photo gallery, or take a picture. I mean, I could go on and on with instances. Sometimes I would yet plug it into the charger and it would reboot instantly.

I am right there with you. My phone reboots frequently. Generally, it's while it's unattended sitting on my desk, or even in my pocket. I have even attempted a few custom ROMs and it at a standstill occurs (though the majority of these custom ROMs are built utilizing pieces of Motorola's 2.1 ROM, thus, doesn't exclude Motorola 2.1 Upgrade for the CLIQ). If I had my $400 to use up at present, I could have an incredible phone.