Thread: Motorola DEFY: Update to Android 2.2 Froyo

Motorola DEFY: Update to Android 2.2 Froyo

Anyone here, plans to upgrade operating system up to 2.2 Froyo? And if plan than in which term? I just search about this on net and get few updates and some useful information about this. But I also need some more information for this. Is there anyone here have any idea or any useful information for this? Please provide me your views and your experience about this, because it’s really essential for me.

Re: Motorola DEFY: Update to Android 2.2 Froyo

I have a few good and bad news for those of you with a Motorola Defy phones now, as even though Motorola has just established that the phone will be getting a taste of Android 2.2 Froyo, users will have to stay a good when to get it. While any software update is fine, you have to memorize that in Q2 2011, Gingerbread and Honeycomb are probable to be the default options for lots of android Smartphone’s and tablets, and to think that Motorola is just pushing out Froyo to Defy owners at that time, well it’s quite disappointing isn’t it.

I at a standstill like my Defy, it's doing a "maintenance update" at once, which concerns me, because I utilize to have a Motorola backflip, and erudite the tough way while the "maintenance update" bricked my phone, so I am a slight anxious. After accomplishing a bit research between Android 2.1 and 2.2, I am not seeing a vast dissimilarity, like there was between 1.5 and 2.1 with live wallpapers, and so on, that is truly going to make me annoyed. However, I do have to concur that having a brand new device which runs an old operating system wedges, and even thought I arrive from an iPhone, and I truly think that Android has the potential to blow the iOS right out of the water, and create Apple users envious of us, Android continues screwing themselves, and until they discover what it actually is that they wish to do with their OS, Apple will at a standstill be the more powerful OS.

I have a Defy. Its Speed is significant to me, and with a latest version of android Smartphone’s get superior performance. It is clear that scrolling the interface on the Defy is frequently not as smooth as it should be. It is essential that Motorola rolls out Android 2.2 and 2.3 to consumers that aren't technically savvy sufficient to chop their phones, or don't hope to void their warranties. It is immense that the Defy can survive a dipping in water, and that it has such a bright, high resolution screen, in a dense phone that simply fits your pocket, I wish that Android makers build more similar to this.

Motorola’s life-proof cell, the Defy, is situating to get the Android 2.2 Froyo update for a time in Q2 of 2011. We have seen Moto delay updates more than one time earlier than but as a minimum they are giving themselves a plenty amount of time to obtain Froyo out the door. The Motorola Defy is made for those who are quite rough on their phones or people who are only plain inept. Much effort was place into their hardware, but the software, like lots of Moto blurred phones, has taken a back seat. The Defy ships with Android 2.1, and with its 800MHz CPU, it could profit very much from speed-boosting Froyo’s JIT Compiler and the quicker web browsing JavaScript V8 engine.

I newly featured how to root Motorola Defy and setup a custom revival on it and now, we are bringing you a custom rooted Android 2.2 Froyo ROM overclocked to 1 GHz for your Android phone, courtesy of XDA-Developers site member. If you are at a standstill running an older edition of Android on your Motorola Defy, read on for details, download link and installation information. Whenever the Defy does get updated to Android 2.2 Froyo, it will be a fine day for the users. With the Cliq just newly getting Eclair, I am hoping I don’t see one more repeat like this for the Defy.