Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Micro SD card does not work in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Portable Devices

Old 21-04-2011

Micro SD card does not work in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Hi, I had faced little issue with the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play mobile phone. I bought this cell phone on the last month and the micro SD card is come with this cell phone. Now there is some issue occurred in this SD type memory card. When I try to connect this memory card with the cell phone then it gives so much error message such as SD card cannot accessed. I donít know why this happens in this cell phone. I need some help for solving this kind of trouble.

Old 21-04-2011

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play: SD card not access

Hey dude, you need to check the memory card slot of this cell phone. See, sometimes we try to insert the different memory card onto this slot and this will creates some trouble. Whenever we insert the memory card onto the cell phone then we need to take care of that the memory card is correctly inserted onto this cell phone. Because it could be possibility that this may be creates some damage on this card slot. Si, if the memory card slot of the mobile is damaged then you need to replace that card slot.
Old 21-04-2011

I think you need to try the other memory card on this cell phone. Sometimes there is possibility that the memory card is corrupted or it could be damaged. Then you need to check that if the other card works on this cell phone then replace this micro SD memory card with the other memory card. It would be useful you to solve this kind of issue. You can recover the data presents in this card by using the data recovery software. For recovering the data from the memory card attach this card onto the PC. Then copy that data on the cell phone memory card.
Old 21-04-2011

Hey I think you need to format this micro SD memory card. So, if this memory card is not able to connect directly to the cell phone then connect it to the computer. Then use the different types of formatting command for format this memory card. It helps you to format the memory card. Then after done the memory card formatting you need to check whether this card is now able to connect onto the cell phone. If it connects then the trouble is to be solved.
Old 21-04-2011

I suggested you that firstly check that this memory card is to be connect with the other similar kind of cell phone or not. If it works on the other cell phone then you need to check the internal memory of the cell phone. Then you need to scan the internal memory of the cell phone by using the authorized antivirus. It helps you to found the virus presents in the cell phone. After scanning the internal memory of the cell phone then there is possibility that the memory card issue is solved and then it able to connects onto the cell phone.
Old 22-04-2011

re: Micro SD card does not work in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

I am having the same issue and i work with phones everyday. I have tried to update the software and tried another sd card, but it is not mounting either.

Once it is installed and starts to verify the card, then gives the message "sd card safe to remove".

If I go to the storage field under settings, it says that the card is unavailable.

If I mount the card, it shows available space for approximately 30 seconds, then kicks off the mount and shows unavailable. Any ideas?
Old 23-04-2011

re: Micro SD card does not work in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Its surely a hardware problem with your device. As you said it gives "sd card safe to remove" message, it is the sign of any loose or hardware issues. Well, what i can suggest at this is take the device in the service center or any local mobile shop (If out of warranty) and get it repaired.
Old 24-04-2011

Re: Micro SD card does not work in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Hey, I think you need to firstly check that you need to check the memory card is properly works or not. If it not works then replace it with other card. if this card connects properly on the other cell phone then in that case the issue is presents in the cell phone. For solving this kind of issue, you need to contact the service center of the Sony Ericson. The technician presents in the service center will helps you to solve this kind of trouble.
Old 15-05-2011

Ive got this phone 2 days ago i have the same problem with this sd card issue , I have tried other sd cards in the phone still no joy on this i have called my network provider techenal department and , there are looking into it,other words they dont no what this problem is soon they get back to me today i will post and let you know the out come , but in the meantime if you know anything please let me know.
Old 15-05-2011

Problem solved , the sony ericsson xperia play sd card please make sure when you have the sd card and your sim card in the phone to put the back cover back .

The cover once removed from the phone automatic tells the phone the sd card is ready to be romoved.

once the cover is back on the phone its telling the phone the sd card is ready to use a simple thing i know i would never of thought it , this soves the problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,