Thread: Sync error on the Bookmarks bar in Chromebook

Sync error on the Bookmarks bar in Chromebook

Hello friends I am very happy to give this information to you all regarding this topic, the thing is that I had brought a Chromebook and in that when I am using Google chrome at the bookmarks bar I am getting a sync error. I am getting a sync error notification at the top of the bar so what can be the issue here can you all please tell me? Since chromebook is new to me and hence I need information on the topic. So please do guide me properly with the solutions.

Re: Sync error on the Bookmarks bar in Chromebook

See these normally results if you have a old sync sign in information or if you have your sign in password changed. So if these is the case then that might be the reason why the sync error notification gets displayed in the page. So I hope you have got the necessary information on the topic the solution for the same is that try updating your account information that will do the trick, so this is what I can say here just try out the suggestion and let me know if it works or not.

See what you have to do is follow the simple steps that I am going to write here that will surely help you.
    1) Firstly click on the error to get to know what it is showing exactly.
    2) Now while doing that when you are prompted to sign in then you have to sign in with the username and the password of Google account.
    3) If you are a user who use two step verification for login then what you have to do is enter the application-specific password or the access code.
    Try the above steps It will be helpful.

Well I am one of the user who is having a similar problem the case in my issue is that I am getting a Sync needs your attention message every time in my browser, so that’s what the problem is I hope you will agree that my problem is also similar to the one that you all are facing so can you all suggest me some solutions for me also, I am expecting that you will share the solutions with me so do reply fast I am waiting.

See such message occurs only when you have enabled to sync but you have not sync anything so that s the situation when you will be getting that message in the browser so for solving this problem what you have to do is click on the Configure password sync in the message, then it will ask you to enter the normal user name and the password information so provide that detail, now you need to confirm there that you are ready to sync everything including your password. So do that and the message will be disappeared from the box, so that’s what the method that I was trying to tell you all.

Ok got the suggestion I did try that and that helped me so thanks for the suggestions that you have given it really helped me a lot. I was not knowing that I need to give the application specific password and all in the detail so I was not knowing about that so thanks that you did gave me information on the same. I really like all your suggestions it really did help me a lot in this issue, so thanks.