Thread: Lost all the contacts in XPERIA X 10 mini pro even after taking backup

Lost all the contacts in XPERIA X 10 mini pro even after taking backup

This is something that is really driving me crazy.I got the XPERIA X 10 mini pro and I was really happy with it and then I decided to upgraded my X10 mini pro to Android 2.1.So this I carried out and I followed the instructions and the YouTube video exactly step by step. So while doing that I made a back-up before the update with the updated Back-up & restore application.So please do get back to me on this as it is very upsetting for me to see this happening as I can’t see any of the contacts.

re: Lost all the contacts in XPERIA X 10 mini pro even after taking backup

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would let you know that you could have gone somewhere wrong in the process of getting the back up.I say this because I don’t find any valid reason as to why this problem will occur if you have taken a proper backup.So I just feel that you have to get the back up for all your contacts in a proper way and then could have tried the upgraded my X10 mini pro to Android 2.1.I think that it is now a bit difficult to get the contacts again.

Even I do agree with the previous solution that you must have went somewhere wrong in the backup process. But I will first ask you that do you get contact names in call log? If you have then go to contacts and click menu button. Once you do that then just tap on export to SD card. After exporting do a contact import from SD card. This may restore your contacts.I am sure that once you try out these solution then you will surely be able to get away with the problem that you are currently facing.So you should immediately try using this solutions.

I think that you have to follow the same solution that is being provided in the previous solution but would tell you that it is a bit incomplete.I think that once you export the contact and then import from SD card you just have to look that your contacts have been restored or not. Also I would say you that you can try another option and that is to click the menu button from contacts application and then just tap contacts to view. In the menu that arises check the relevant boxes that are present.So this is what you need to do to solve the problem that you are facing.

I think that there must be some problem with the synchronization of the contacts. I would ask you did you ever synchronize your contacts with Google Sync and the FB Sync application or similar kind. Also before you did the backup? I think that the process of backup and restore doesn't backup the contacts that are synced. Also there could be that your contacts where synced with SE or Google?So these can be the various chances that can be the reason why you lost the contacts.But with all these I feel that this will solve the issue.