Thread: Number of UDID per apple developer registration

Number of UDID per apple developer registration

What is UDID. I found some blogs of users who were discussion in sharing free application. But for that they are asking about UDID. Is this any kind of application and how can I use this to get an free application for my mobile phone. I tried looking for the same in my phone but there is no similar kind of application is present. How to get this thing and also explain in detail about this application. I am using iPhone 2. Thanks.

Re: Number of UDID per apple developer registration

Apple has recently provided to iPhone application developers a promotional code. By this they can distribute up to fifty free copies of an application for fee. This can be handy for testing software and for specialized sites. Till now, developers had no alternative but to ask potential testers to provide the UDID or Device Unique Identifier for their iPhone or iPod Touch. And now then send them a free version of their application. So that is what about. It is mostly related to the phone app development.

As the name says the UDID is a unique identifier used for the phone for identification in a system. This is an kind of a long code of 40 characters and in reality corresponds to the hexadecimal version of the serial number of your device. For getting the UDID you just need to connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes. There look for the page dedicated to information about the iPhone. Here you will have to locate the line of serial number and the same must be followed by a series of eleven characters. Click on serial and there you are.

Just launch iTunes and in that go in info and click on serial number. Here iTunes will display the word ID followed by a string of forty characters, which is simply your UDID. Rather than copying by hand the sequence of numbers and letters, you are advised to open the Edit menu and select copy and then paste the number where you want. Because it is possible that you might write a wrong number. Now this the udid of your phone.

There is also a solution for the UDID from your iPhone. Install the application Ad Hoc Helper. This application will will open your own mail client and copy your precious UDID in the body of a new mial. A practical solution if you are not home either with its iTunes . It is not really possible to get the fully display of the UDID of iphone through itunes. If you do not have system and you want to see the udid then you can use two applications UDID and Info and UDID Sender to get details.

To see the UDID the iPhone, you must first open iTunes. Now that the own device is selected, you can see the - probably the most well-known - Overview of the iPhone. If you now right from the iPhone shown on the Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXX appears identification (UDID): followed by a long letter and number combination. The UDID is unlocked particularly interesting from the preview versions, as can be given in this way the tester access to the beta version. Unfortunately, it is not possible to copy the UDID directly, so they will unfortunately be typed manually.