Thread: How to replace Micro SD card in Motorola Defy

How to replace Micro SD card in Motorola Defy

I would like to amplify the volume of the pre-installed Micro SD memory card in Motorola Defy from 2GB to 16 GB. I interpret the instruction handbook it appears quite easy. Just unlock the case and "pick up the black artificial memory card vessel". Fine, I opened the casing and can notice the memory card holder, except, I cannot understand how to pick up the black plastic memory card container. Can anybody mail me a photograph how to finest pick up the memory card container? Which method must it release? Is there a discharge cut back?

Re: How to replace Micro SD card in Motorola Defy

The snip that clutches the card in the slit is prepared of a stretchy plastic and will be moreover red otherwise black in color. There is a little opening on one surface, the region contiguous toward the peak of the mobile phone. Merely put a fingernail inside the hole and rebuke until it’s at 90º. By the side of this spot make use of your other hand to glide the SD card towards the USB slot on the mobile phone and afterward turn the cell phone overturned to get back the card.

It seems to me that you’re getting many issues on removing the memory card from the Motorola Defy phone. If you have an instruction manual then there you will get the step by step guide to remove or replace the SD card from its slot even with images. So there will not be any necessary to post the manual again here. Just properly go through the steps and try it once again gently. Do not try to forcely remove the card which might break the slot or holder or maybe the memory card itself.

How did you put the SD card in the Motorola Defy slot? If you have put the card yourself then you definitely know how to remove it. It is the same manner to put in and remove. If there is any kind of clip then you will see it at the top of the holder. As far as I know that in Defy first of all you need to take out the battery by removing its back panel. Then you will see a slot by the side of SIM slot. Also at the right there is a red clip. You will need to pull up completely. Then place the memory card and push it toward the holder. Afterward place the red clip to its original position and press a little to sit properly.

It looks like you have somehow broken that red clip without your concern. So you are getting some puzzlement while you are trying to replace the card. However in my opinion there will not be any necessary of that red clip. Without that clip the memory card perfectly going to fix or site on the slot or holder. You have to just make sure that you are going to place the card in the right way. If there is anything blocking you while replacing the card then you can try some tools to make it proper without affecting the electronic components.

Did you get the right memory card for Motorola Defy? As far as I know that in this phone there is no complicated thing to replace the card. You might have damaged the slot or something related while you first time placing the SD card. So due to this now you cannot able to remove it. If you still can’t achieve it then don’t try it further. Get the phone to any technician who is familiar with this issue. They might have solution for this.

ThumbsUp Re: How to replace Micro SD card in Motorola Defy

Just pull up the red or black the plastic pieces behind the memory stick . just this