Thread: How to protect Gmail account in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini Pro?

How to protect Gmail account in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini Pro?

Guys I have purchased Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini Pro few days back, It has Android version 2.1, everything is working fine with it but there some issue with the Gmail account, the problem is whenever I tap on the Gmail icon on my handset, I am able to see all the mails from my Gmail account even if I am not connected to the internet. I want my Gmail account to be protected on my hand set, I don’t want it open directly, there should be some option every time I click on the Gmail account, application should ask me to enter ID and password every time, Please help.

Re: How to protect Gmail account in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini Pro?

Buddy I am not getting your point why you want the application which should ask for ID and password again and again as it s your personal handset. Anyways, how many mails are there in your Gmail account? If there are only few mails then delete them from your Gmail account and go offline or Sign out and do the same procedure every time and then whenever you will click on Gmail icon you will have to be online or sign up. But whenever you will come online all the mails downloaded in your mail will be downloaded on your phone automatically.

Yeah that is an option for you but before closing the Gmail application every time you will need to delete the mails in your account and then you have to go offline same thing you have to do again and again so that will be bit annoying as you have to do each time. So in my point of you should use another Launcher which will hide the Gmail icon. But if you need to check your mail then you will have to switch from one to another. Hope mate this will work for you, I think it’s better than deleting mails every time.

Guys thanks a lot for replying so quickly, highly appreciate it. But if I go with first solution then it will be a very tedious work for me because I have over 6000 mails in my Gmail account and deleting all of them will be a very tedious work and also I have go offline and online again and again. I found second solution bit better than first one what should I do to use other Launcher in place of Gmail can you please give me instructions for that, I will be very thank full to you man.

Hey dude there some application launched for Android platform, using those application you can protect your Gmail account and not only Gmail they also protect SMS, e-mails, Photos, Chat, settings etc. anything or any application you want to protect you just have to set a PIN-code for those things and after that whenever you will try to open that application it will require a password. I can suggest you one such type of application that is “smart alarm clock” it’s for Android platform, don’t think much about it on it’s name it do all the task I discussed above.

Hey mate that’s what I was looking for thanks a lot for posting, this site and it’s users are really very interactive and helpful as well, because on other sites I haven’t got any reply yet. I was looking for such application protector thanks for your suggestion mate I used that application and it’s working fine on my handset. There are also many other similar application on net but I preferred to use the “smart alarm clock” it’s still in beta version but its performance is really very good.