Thread: iOS 4.3 upgraded wireless N band of iPad to 5 GHz

iOS 4.3 upgraded wireless N band of iPad to 5 GHz

It's not only in the 5 GHz band as I first thought. I place 4.3 back on things and did further tests. 4.3 avoid any iDevice, as well as the ATV2 from utilizing 802.11n in any band. Many people don't notice this because their routers are in varied form. So for 5 GHz people, the devices fall to 802.11a, and for 2.4 GHz people, the devices fall to G. I hate mixed form on routers because it disgraces performance (so I don't utilize it). So my 5 GHz band is N only and my 2.4 is G only. So I observed this right now. But one time I put my 2.4 GHz to N only mode, no iDevice running 4.3 could bond to any band. Not anything would touch it. Anyone have any more details about this? Please provide me your response on this.

Re: iOS 4.3 upgraded wireless N band of iPad to 5 GHz

My router works just well with my iPad’s and my Macbook Pro both on the 5 GHz 802.11 band. Obviously, if the router is functioning correctly, there is not anything that one device can do to "kick other devices off." It is, finally, the router's work to handle communications between numerous devices. So don't suppose a fix from Apple. If your router doesn't work correctly to deal with communication between your iPad and other devices, get a new router. Even wireless-N routers are quite cheap these days. As well, many routers can be re-flashed with open source firmware liberally obtainable on the web.

I have a similar trouble. There are 2 iPhone 4s on my Netgear WND3700 router. The trouble began while I upgraded one of the phones to 4.3. My phone would continue dropping wireless connection and would occasionally not log on to my network. I have a momentary fix - I put the router alternative form up to 300 MBS to 130. I suppose this makes not run in N mode. Apple necessitates fixing this trouble.

Later than a bit of settings backbiting I have lastly managed to get a reliable connection on my Linksys E3000, WMM was part of the trouble, but turning it on made my connection sporadically failure. CTS Protection Mode has established to be the cause of this, as setting this to immobilized has meant that I just very infrequently see a split-second drop of network, and streaming video has not been a trouble since.

Just to make clear I had to switch CTS from auto to OFF in sort to get a solid connection. On the other hand CTS is designed for heavy traffic from numerous devices so it shouldn't be a problem in the majority homes. However, CTS problems may explain the troubles some have had in public Wi-Fi locations. My supreme solution (based on my devices and local sound) was to have dissimilar SSIDs for 5GHz and 2.4GHz and put 5GHz to N only and 40MHz width. I after that utilize 5GHz only for my iPad and the whole thing else on 2.4GHz (mixed mode).

A few people seem to have some extraordinarily impractical ideas regarding what Apple can be expected to test for earlier than releasing a novel OS update. Is it truly sensible to expect that Apple should have checked for whether the update will work correctly below 802.11n if the user has incorrectly disabled a service that is necessary for the 802.11n specification? There are many routers, and many probable ways to misconfigure one. Apple is not going to be able to check the consequences of each probable user error.