Thread: Camera flash is not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro

Camera flash is not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro

I brought my new Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro two days back and I like it pretty much. It has got an impressive package but the only issue is with the camera flash. The pictures come amazing when they are captured in day light or under any artificial light. But when it comes to clicking pictures at night time or in dark, the pictures come very bad. Does anyone know what must be the problem? How can I get rid of this problem? Please help me.

Re: Camera flash is not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro

I am not sure whether this solution will help you or not but I have come across this particular solution in many forums. So you can probably give this solution a try. The flash property can be enabled and disabled as per the choice of the user. You just need to go to the setting where you can switch it on. Go to the advanced settings and then click on the Photo Light option. Select “ON” and you will find your flash getting enabled. With the enabled Flash you will be able to enjoy good photography again.

You can probably check for camera apps from Android Market. If you find one then you can probably download it in your mobile and install it. Once you have installed the application on your mobile phone, just use it as any normal feature of your mobile. I know one such software. You can search for Vignette application in the android market and install it in your mobile. It is one of the best camera applications available for android mobile phones.

Best Flashlight Free is one of the brightest Flashlight available on the Android market which is provided with a lot of features. It will turn your mobile phone into an LED. Following modes are available in best Flashlight software.Static Color Mode, HELP! Mode, Morse Code LCD Flash! (Text to Morse Flash), Bright LED Static (Most phones), Taxi Mode, Super Fast Strobe (LED and LCD Alternating!), Crazy Color Mode, Bright LCD Display

Sorry to say but Flash is not supported until the Android 2.0. Thus you are provided with only the normal photo lights which you can switch on by going to the advanced settings and then enabling the Photo Light by select “ON” in the given options. Though t is a very weak light and will give you minimum help when you are performing night photography. I also thing that the Sony Ericsson must have provided such a great mobile phone with something more powerful like the dual LED/ Xenon flash.

Thank you, everyone who had made the effort to help me by replying to my post so quickly. It was very kind of you guys to help someone like me who is a complete stranger to you. Few suggestions were helpful while few where not. But I liked them all as they gave me more knowledge about different prospective to solve the issue, though it did not worked for me. Sony Ericsson has made such a great phone but this flash issue really adds those negative marks to the mobile. The Vignette application was the most helpful in my case. Still I am hoping to get the issue solved with the next update by Sony Ericsson.