Thread: missing SMS center after software update in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10

missing SMS center after software update in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10

Hello everyone i have been unable to send sms through my Sony xperia, when i was trying to see my sms's there was no sms center on my phone. It was a totally shocking experience by my part. Now how can one send sms when they do not have any? And how am i supposed to send sms now is there a way to get it back i m totally baffled. And should i reinstall the firmware on the phone again and will it help me has it happen with others

re: missing SMS center after software update in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10

This is the first time such an issue has come up i have been on this forum for like years its a big problem definitely actually it depends on the service provider or the carrier. a few are programmed to setup by themselves and the ones that are not need manual setup for sms settings i think you must remove and then try putting the sim card again in the phone i think it might help get it back. Hope this works for you

got the same problem with my phone i have a xperia x10 mini it came with android 1.6and i am through removing the sim card and inserting it again in the phone but with regret it did not work for me i even tried calling the operator but here in my country the service providers are not responsible for such settings in the phone. Then i called up the Sony care people they also weren’t helpful enough i like my phone but still am not able to send sms.

Just keep on searching for sms setting from your operator over the internet may be there you might be able to find some setting details which could prove helpful for you you can try different forums where someone else also might have the same problem and may be try to come up with the answer together and may be if you give me the operator name i might be able to come up with a solution for you two heads are always better than one.

Well i also own X10 mini which is running on Android 1.6 i may be able to help with your problem if you have a android phone with version 2.1 in it the follow my directions people with other versions of android can also try this just dial the keys #*#*4636*#*# it will bring up a menu touch on the phone information option and scroll right down to smss option there you will find you message centre number field and check the blank field to update this can be a reason why you can’t send sms from your phone

Re: missing SMS center after software update in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10

I have the same problem with my phone too.. Its xperia X8. I tried everything in order to set the settings for sending texts. But have been unsuccessful so far. I also don't have the SMS centre option. Tried typing in this #*#*4636*#*# but it gives me an "update error". Don't know how to solve this problem. Please help

Re: missing SMS center after software update in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10

Quote Originally Posted by sonyericssonX8 View Post
    I tried everything in order to set the settings for sending texts. But have been unsuccessful so far.Don't know how to solve this problem.
    Dude, it is very simple. Just call your network operator (Voda, Airtel, Loop, whatever) and tell them for the SMS Center number. It will not take even a minute to fix this issue. BTW, who is your network operator ?