Thread: Is it possible to back-up sms on itunes

Is it possible to back-up sms on itunes

I want to backup the sms from my phone to the computer how can i do that? Does iTunes do it or is there any third party Software to do this. i really need this because i am about to buy a new phone and i need to get all my personal data backed up before i upgrade to a new phone i own a iphone 3gs and am buying an iphone 4 i am excited about it but still need to take a back up of the phone i am using right now plsss if there is a way to do that post it.

re: Is it possible to back-up sms on itunes

I too have the same query because tomorrow, i have to buy a new phone i think it will have less bugs then compared to my iphone.i want my all smses and contact on my phone. Will i end up losing all the personal data stored on the old iphone to buy a new one? i charge the phone on my desktop and it syncs automatically i do that. is it possible the sms can be retrieved when i try to attach the new phone that’s why i want to know does it back it up and will i get the data when i connect

I got it on the day it launched the 4gb version I had synchronized it to iTunes when it was charging on my desktop, after that i deleted all the data from the phone through the settings and ill be going for AT&T 8gb i phone it stead it good for my music. Got the new iphone home and synchronized my phone through iTunes it asked if i wanted to restore the data and showed me the last restore time and i chose one, removed the cable and all the data was there as it was supposed to be. So yes the iTunes does restore the personal data to the phone and it does back them up

I am making software that backs up all the data images sms threads and recordings. The user has been given the option for mentioning the number of or which photos or files they want to get backed up the people who own a phone have very limited space on their phones and so want to backup it on their desktop this application enables them to have multiple phone and one backup software for all. so can all of the people tell what do they sugest for this application to turn out like. yes iTunes saves all the data from the iphone to your desktop this was a great think to know because once you want to change the phone the first thing that comes up to your mind is how do i back it up or even if that’s possible or what at apple people are also trying to create a dynamic backup all it does is it also take a backup of all the applications which are installed over your phone and restores them over to the next iphone you buy