Thread: GPS won't turn off in my Motorola DEFY

GPS won't turn off in my Motorola DEFY

Today I unintentionally hit the button resting on the GPS (which is located on the main screen with wi-fi) and now my GPS does not turn off. I reset the phone twice, once removed the battery for a minute before putting it back in and restart. Do not want to use my battery life with this operation! I really do not want to do another factory reset because I had to do that with the latest update from my camera to work again. I lost all my texts and applications, but if I have to myself. Does anyone else have problems?

ali Guest

Re: GPS won't turn off in my Motorola DEFY

Hello I am having similar kind of problem. I attempt to enter the setup menu, position and security and uncheck utilize GPS satellites. Unchecked, however when you return to the central screen, the GPS is still resting on. Back to the location and safety, and use of satellite EPG is checked again! I started digging for answers here. I downloaded "GPS Status" to reorganize the GPS through the hope that it will shut down and not work. I uninstall it to stop any further use GPS. Please help me.

Hello, please follow the following setting or steps to resolve your problem. Hold down the power button in support of a few seconds. The "Phone Options" screen is supposed to come up in the company of the opportunity to turn the phone off, and fastening airplane approach, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS. Struggle to put out of action the GPS there. I infrequently have had problem resting on my XT with Wi-Fi refusing to turn off, and this regularly fixes it.

I suppose the GPS button you talk about possibly will be a widget resting on the screen. If it is, give pleasure to attempt similar to this: you have to Remove it through pressing on top of it and shift it to the trash publicized by the side of the bottom. Subsequently, you have to go to the setting and uncheck the GPS. Please try these settings with your system settings. I hope this will work for you. And please let me know it working or not thank you.

I have had the same problem. I tried all of this good info but still have the problem plz help
    thx ben

Quote Originally Posted by Jaminr View Post
    I have had the same problem. I tried all of this good info but still have the problem plz help
    thx ben
    I was also having the same problem and to solve this issue while searching market to reinstall google maps i stumbled across an app called GPS status + Toolbox. This free app is a lifesaver, it showed my Defy was only finding 1 satellite and wasnt able to connect to it. The app has an option to delete the GPS cache and download new GPS assistance data which took less than a second and it might be similar in your case as well, therefore the gps may not be working. Now my GPS locks on faster and more accurately than ever.

Before doing this you may want to download the entire backup that will allow the entire backup. You can choose what to back up by suggesting that no backup system settings as I think it can re-create the problem. But you can back up SMS messages, applications, history of contacts and a few others that escape my mind today. Then, after the factory reset can download anything you restore your backup easier. It helpful don’t ignore it thank you.

Thanks for the info. I ended up resetting my defy with no issues. Everythings works as should again.