Thread: How to debug on samsung wave

How to debug on samsung wave

Hi guys I have Samsung wave and I am used to play with new widgets one my widgets is absolutely working fine with SDK emulator but when I run on my Samsung wave then it is not working and it shows that It has no network connection. I don’t know what is wrong with that widget. Is there any idea about how to debug a widget on Samsung wave? Or any other way to solve this problem, then please tell me what should I do to make this widget perfectly on my Samsung wave mobile, Any help will be appreciated.

Re: How to debug on samsung wave

If you are having problem with run the widget on your Samsung wave device then first you need to check few things before you load the widget in your mobile phone.
    • First check the Access Network is checked in project.xml or not if not then make it.
    • Now cross check with the appropriate feature selected in your bondi features in project.xml or not.
    • Now make sure that all the bondi method calls protected by try/catch blocks
    • After that check that you can access the network through the Internet application or not.
    • After that validated your html.

After performing all these steps try your widget you will be able to run it successfully on your Samsung wave. If you still having the problem the let me know.

Hey thank you for the help provided by you I have checked all the setting twice before running the application in my Samsung wave but after doing all the steps according to your previous post I am still having same problem. Is there any more setting which is required for that, if yes then what it should be? Or if you have any more idea about this problem then please help me with you useful solutions I will be very thankful to you.

If you are still having the same problem after doing the all those steps then don’t worry I have some other ways to do debug on the device. On the bottom of my html I normally add a list and after that I add items to the list according to code. For example-

<ul id="debuglist">Debug Output</ul>
    function debugPrint(body) {
    var list = document.getElementById("debuglist");
    var item = document.createElement("li");
    item.appendChild(document.createTextNode(body));
    list.appendChild(item);
    }
    After the further procedure you will be able to run application which you asked for.

Hey thank you again for your help. I have tried the whole procedure as you suggested in previous post and I found it very useful but I think there is one problem for me as you said in lst post that “after doing further procedure” I am not getting that what should be further procedure after that coding part please explain me that also then I think I will be able to run my application successfully. please reply me with that last step then I think my work will be done. Thank you.

Ok I will help you with further steps also. Once you done with the coding part after that you need to
    • First add the debug list in the html, after doing that go to my JavaScript in that insert the debug Print.
    • Then as the you make progress through code call the debug Print or catch exceptions
    after that it will be done try this steps and enjoy your widgets. I hope my posts will be helpful to you.