Thread: Motorola Defy has got poor battery life

Motorola Defy has got poor battery life

It's being just few weeks now and my new Motorola Defy has started showing lots of problems. I have noticed that the battery life of my Motorola Defy is very less. It won’t even sustain for the whole day. I am unable to understand what must be causing this to happen. It is not even working for the specified hours as mentioned in the description about the mobile. Does anyone know what must be causing this problem? Please help me getting rid of it and give me suggestions to increase the battery life of my cell.

Re: Motorola Defy has got poor battery life

According to me there must be some problem with your current battery. It may be possible that your battery has got some fault and that is why the power is getting drained so early. I would suggest you to get a new battery for your mobile and check if you are facing the same problem while you are using the new battery in your mobile. And if you are getting better performance with the new battery then probably the problem was with your old battery. Make sure that you are buying the original battery instead of any random one.

The amount of power consumed by your mobile depends upon the applications you run in your mobile. You might be running applications which consumes lot of your battery power and that is why your battery power is getting drained earlier, then the expected time. A very good amount of battery is consumed when you are surfing on internet, listening to audio and video files, playing games and other power consuming activities. If you have installed any antivirus in your mobile, than probably that will also consume lots of power if you have enabled the run-time protection activity.

Always remember the following things when you are using any Smartphones or any high end phones;
    • Try using as much minimum widgets (i.e. weather/email/social networking) as possible, because these process always run in background, thus they continuously consume your battery power.
    • The life of the battery is reduced considerably over time if you fully discharge the lithium-ion battery.
    • If you have installed any antivirus in your mobile then make sure it is not always running in background or it will utilize a large chunk of you battery power.
    • Remove or close unnecessary apps from your mobile.
    • Turn off your Wi-Fi when you are not using it.

I also faced this problem in my Motorola Defy and was successful in solving it. You just need to perform some maintenance and install the latest available updates for your phone. I had set my mobile in the performance mode and selected my screen timeout to 1 minute. This would gradually help me in utilizing less power thus increasing the battery life. Also make sure that you have disabled your Bluetooth, GPS Receiver, APN whenever you are not using them. You can make use of Battery Doctor for Android to know the state of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc.

All the High end phones like Motorola Defy are having the same issue. I was also having this problem and after researching on the issue on Internet I came up with this solution. Just visit the Android Market and download the app called “Advanced Task Killer”. Basically the app works the same way as the Task Manager in our computer. It will show you the list of applications that are running in your mobile and also which application is taking most of your battery power. You can mark the applications you wish to close and by the click on ‘KILL’ option you can end those processes, thereby reducing the usage of your power and increasing the battery life.