Thread: VLC player for Android not able to decode H.264+aac in TS mpeg container

VLC player for Android not able to decode H.264+aac in TS mpeg container

I am using VLC on my android mobile phone. I am having some video files that I had taken from my friends iPod. I thought VLC will be able to decode the video. I tried to stream those files but it looks it is not working. Is there any other options available. Can I do this on my Windows Pc also. I am having VLC on that. I had already tried a sample files but that failed to work. I want some help here.

Re: VLC player for Android not able to decode H.264+aac in TS mpeg container

You will need to convert the file in a proper readable format. I had tried that to play on vlc but it fails to work. I am having a receiver. I had recorded a few tv programs. It saved those things in MPEG-TS file format. When I tried opening them on VLC it failed to work. I had used a TS Video Converter for that. I got a readable format that worked in VLC. You can search on Google and you will find ample of similar tools.

If you want to stream a file directly then there is a way. You will need the IP address of machine which has the video. You have to use % vls -vv -d udp:192.168.0.42 file:nameofvideowithformat --ttl 12 for streaming the video file. You can find a bit more detail information on using this on videolan.org. It is the official website. This is only for streaming the video.

TS files usually comes from HDTV broadcast. When you record them the device which is streaming will save the file in that format. One thing you can try here is Haali Media Splitter. It can help you to play this files in Windows Media Player. At the time of installation choose MPEG-TS support. And then use Windows Media Player to play the file. For android I am not really sure whether any app can work. You have to convert the files in a proper readable format.