Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro is repeatedly switching off

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro is repeatedly switching off

Hello guys, I recently started facing this particular problem. It’s being just 2 months now and my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro has started giving me lots of troubles. Whenever I slide my phone up to start typing message using the QWERTY keypad, the screen of my phone goes black and I have to wait until I don’t reload it up again. It is probably switching off by itself. I am very confused what to do, so please some help me. Your suggestions are always appreciated.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro is repeatedly switching off

There are high possibilities of virus infection as you were not facing this problem earlier and it started off all of a sudden. So I would highly recommend you to install some antivirus in your mobile and scan your mobile for viruses. If any virus is detected, make sure to delete it as early as possible. Or else it may end up corrupting more important files. If you are unable to find any antivirus for your mobile then you can connect your mobile to your PC or laptop with the help of USB cable and scan your mobile from the antivirus installed in your system.

I suppose you have got some hardware drivers issue, so performing hardware reset of your mobile seems to be the perfect solution in this case to me. You can perform this by following the below steps:
    • Remove your mobile’s battery after switching off your mobile. If possible use a fully recharged battery so that you don’t face any problem if the battery drains away in the middle of the process.
    • Hold the left and right silver buttons of your mobile at the same time.
    • Press on the hole of the battery which is on its right side. You can perform this with the help of Stylus.
    • Now the mobile will prompt you to enter R keyword. So enter R to Reset all the settings to its default value
    • Finally click on the Space key to finalize the changes

I am not sure about this but your problem can be solved by Flashing your mobile and installing the factory settings.
    1. Make sure that you have installed Sony Ericsson PC suite in your computer/laptop.
    2. Start the PC suite and go to the Tools tab and click on Phone Repair.
    3. Follow the on screen instruction and press the continue button.
    4. Choose Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro from the list of mobile models and start up connection between your mobile and computer by plugging the mobile to the computer with the help of USB cable.
    5. Your drivers will take time to install.

That was very kind of you guys to reply to my thread and try to help me get rid of my problem. But unfortunately your solutions did not help me completely get rid of my problem. I am still facing the problem and still my mobile restarts whenever I am sliding my mobile up or down. There is not much issue when I slowly slide my mobile, but the problem still exists. This thing is seriously annoying me now. I am regretting the fact that I brought this mobile phone for myself. Somebody please help me get rid of it.

According to me there is some hardware issue with your mobile. If the problem of restarting occurs every time when you slide your keyboard then it is for sure that the cables inside the mobile must have got loosen due to the sliding of the keyboard every now and then. So the best recommendation to solve this problem is that you must contact the nearest Sony Ericsson Customer Care center and get your mobile phone repaired. If the mobile is under warranty period then you can get it repaired or even replaced for free or else you have to spend some extra money to get your mobile repaired.