Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-04-2011

file Transfer from x10 mini to Windows?

I have Sony ericcson X10 and I am using windows 7. I was trying to connect File manager which comes with the PC companion but when I click on start it only opens a window only and shows a that there is something wrong with the path and I am not able to show a drive in my computer. now what can I do for transfer my files to my phone I don?t want to remove my memory card from my phone and please how do I can use my phone as a USB stick please any one who knows the proper solution for that then please tell me I will be very thankful to you. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 21-04-2011

Re: file Transfer from x10 mini to Windows?

I understand your problem many times it happens our compute does not recognize the connection with mobile it happens many times if you are using laptop or if you have Bluetooth then you can manage your file transfer by using Bluetooth dongle or Bluetooth from your laptop it is very nice and very easy way to manage the transfer without using any cable or any thing just pair your device and start transferring your files. Try this if you have Bluetooth. I hope my suggestion will help you to solve the problem
Old 21-04-2011

Hey thank you for your suggestion I really appreciate your advice but I am using computer which does not have Bluetooth but I tried your trick with using Bluetooth dongle but it is very time consuming and also by using Bluetooth we can not take backup and can not use sony ericsson application with that so its only do file transfer so it doesn?t make any sense to work with Bluetooth dongle if you have any solution for using data cable then please tell me what is the procedure to solve this problem.
Old 21-04-2011

to do file transfer for that I have some steps which you can go through.
For file transfer from your X10 Mini and Windows PC, you need to
  • First Connect the your mobile with the USB cable to the Computer
  • Now Drag down the notifications bar on the handsets display and select the USB connected
  • After that Select Mount after that On your PC Open the My Computer
  • Then Select the memory card as a removable disc drive after that you will be able to see your mobile as drive on my computer.
Now you can Drag and drop the files you wish to transfer to the appropriate folders listed.
I hope this helps you.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,