Thread: Some accessory keeps killing my iphone

Some accessory keeps killing my iphone

I had an iPhone 3G 16 GB dying - all of a sudden stopped working while using my Altec Lansing inMotion iM600 dock. Black screen, no lights, and got very hot after time even when disconnected from the base. Apple will replace it with another 3G 16 GB. Last week, the same - in the Altec Lansing inMotion iM600 dock - died. Black screen does not light, was super hot - it was hot for many hours. Apple will not replace because it is out of warranty so I search out an iPhone 4 (Verizon) yesterday. This morning it died suddenly while only going for a walk around the block. No power and its getting really hot sitting there not connected to anything. I've never had the chance to make use of this phone resting on the Altec Lansing inMotion iM600 dock however. Is it possible that some accessories of the mine are killing the iPhone?

ali Guest

Re: Some accessory keeps killing my iphone

Hello I am facing similar kind of problem. I contain a Griffin PowerJolt SE cable intended for the car. Is it something that can be short and kill these phones? I become aware of as soon as I plugged the iPhone 4 within the iHome IP41 alarm clock at work scheduled yesterday, said: "This accessory is not optimized for the iPhone" and brought a message on cell interference. Apparently, this error is often associated with dirty dock connector - I wonder if the iPhone 4 IP41 shorted and killed it.

Maybe all springs aftermarket junk or connecting to keep heating the iPhone. I think there's a pattern emerging here. As I said, unless there is a power surge, you cannot heat the phone with a charger / base, with the exception of the springs of the speaker tube amp. From my knowledge, most if not all, car chargers for whichever device through a fuse shortly to prevent these rushes heat the device. That's why the tip of the 9V plug is bouncy; it's linked to the fuse by a spring.

Aftermarket springs cannot fry the phone, silly. Are the similar as the actual thing? In fact, most of the springs cannot fry the phone, unless one of the springs of high voltage amplifier tube hi-fi. Cell interference is real. Occurs in the spring they have radios within them, or is not magnetically shielded. Not optimized for the iPhone means that it was made for the iPhone, other than will still perform, although a number of features disabled. This also is capable of not kill an iPhone. What can heat the phone?

Probably, you're in front of the biggest difficulty of the entire: Heat. Your iPhone mainly likely did not die. It overheated, similar to in the least other tiny powerhouse phones usually perform. I've heard of some cases of overheating in the melt of the SIM card, but since I have Verizon, do not worry regarding it. Try sticking in the freezer for 30 minutes. My IPAD had a heat problem, which is closed and no lights. I could not turn on for a month, until he was taken to an Apple store on a cold day and suddenly it started! The Genius in the Apple store told me that it overheats, it is quite common.

I perform not know about the concrete dock / charger that are speaking, but the wrong springs and many FM transmitters’ market car accessories and other plugs to iPhone fry. Even if it costs $1000 it doesn’t mean it won’t unless it’s made from Apple. The iPhone software does not fry. If you're clueless regarding jb be supposed to not bother talking about bricking earlier than learning the basics. Try to find about this on internet I am sure that you will get proper solution about it. Thank you.

It seems that no idea is wrong springs. The iPhone can be detected if the voltage is compatible, so my FireWire IM600 cannot indict my iPhone; however my USB based I-Station can turn. The iPhone automatically cuts off the electricity load if it is not compatible. Also, I have many jailbroken iPod and iPhone. I have had a phone ios 4.3.1 released. I just jailbroke an iPod Touch w / 4.2.1, which was almost brick (Fortunately ireb and tiny umbrellas saved.) That's why I do not like exploits boot ROM have the chance to brick the phone.