Thread: Unable to open Google Talk in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro

Unable to open Google Talk in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro

It’s being a month now that I have been using my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro. Everything worked perfectly fine until yesterday. But recently (today morning) when I tried to start Google Talk (GTalk) in my mobile, I was unable to do so. It just popped up for like few milliseconds and closed by itself. I am unable to find out the cause for this problem. Does anyone know what must be the reason behind this unusual behavior of GTalk in my mobile? Please help me.

Re: Unable to open Google Talk in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro

As you said the problem did not existed from the time you purchased your mobile and it started occurring only few days back. So it is probably clear that something must have happened in your mobile which is causing the problem. According to me your mobile has got infected by virus. I would recommend you to perform complete scan of your mobile and remove the infected files as early as possible. Connect your mobile to any PC/laptop using a USB cable and perform scanning with the help of the antivirus present in your mobile. Or else you can download some mobile antivirus and perform scanning in your mobile itself.

You should remove the GTalk application from your mobile completely and then reinstall it in your mobile. You can clear the GTalk application by going to the following path:
    • Settings > Applications > Manage Application > GTalk > Clear data.
    • Or else if you are using Android 2.1, go to the Manage Applications screen and hold the menu key> Filter .
    • You can find the GTalk here along with all other system apps.

You must try to perform Factory Data reset. To perform Soft rest perform the following functions:
    1. In your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro, go to the Home screen and then tap (click) on the applications bar.
    2. Press on Settings and go to the SD card & phone storage > Factory data reset > Reset phone.
    3. Enter your password and unlock the options.
    4. Tap on Erase everything option.

You can also perform hardware reset of your mobile by following these steps:
    • Switch off your mobile and remove its battery. Replace it with a new fully recharged battery.
    • You should press and hold the left and right silver buttons on the front side (screen) of your mobile at the same time.
    • Now with the help of the stylus, you should press on the hole situated on the right side of the battery.
    • After few seconds you will be prompted to enter “R” (which is for RESET).
    • Press the Space key to finalize the changes

• You should probably perform flashing.
    • For that you need to install the Sony Ericsson PC suite. Download it from the official website of Sony Ericsson and install it in your PC. Launch the installed PC suite and go to the following path:
    • Tools > Phone Repair, and click on the Continue button.
    • Now you should probably have to wait for a while, so that the software will download files by then.
    • Now select your mobile model number and connect your mobile to your computer by holding the back button and plugging in the USB cable to the computer.
    • Wait until your drivers are installed and the Flashing process is completed.