Thread: How do I load Vado Central onto my PC?

How do I load Vado Central onto my PC?

I want to use the software without the vado hd connected and I seem to not be able to get from there to here. Please step me thru it. I have already downloaded VADOHD_PCAPP_LA_2_00_09.exe but I still can find an executable so that the vado central will show. So please help me out how do I load Vado Central onto my computer. So that I can do some kind of RND with my Vado HD.

Re: How do I load Vado Central onto my PC?

That sounds eminently reasonable and you'd think it would work. I copied and pasted it onto my PC, but as soon as I try to run the software, I get an error message: "Can not run load vado.crl!" What am I doing wrong? I bought this camera a couple of weeks ago, made some videos. Moved those files onto my computer, assuming I could edit it there, and deleted them from the camera. Only then did I realize that I couldn't edit them except on the camera. This makes no sense at all. Do we have to keep all our video files permanently on the camera in order to ever be able to edit them? I've spent the last two weeks trying to find alternative software in order to edit files. I thought I'd find something with better features. But all I find is lots of discussion about what isn't compatible with the Vado files. So now I'd be content with Vado Central, if only I can get it onto my computer.

I already have it installed on my Vado, that's not the problem. I've also got it installed on my PC. The problem is that Vado Central on the computer won't let me open any video files. I just want to be able to edit videos that are no longer on the Vado. Apparently you can move videos from the camera onto the PC, but you can't move them back again. So once you've removed them from the Vado you can never edit them again. Or am I wrong? I can't believe that we're supposed to permanently keep every single video we've ever made on the camera, in case we might want to edit it someday. The logical thing would be to let us edit them on the computer, so we can free up the memory on the Vado. So here is my question again: how do I use Vado Central on the PC, not on the camera? Or better yet -- can I use it on the PC?

I do have the video files on my PC -- and I would be really grateful for any reliable advice on software alternatives. Lots of people recommend, let’s say "XYZ software", but when I go looking for more information on that, I find other people who that XYZ definitely does NOT work. Some people say that Windows Movie Maker works, but I tried it and can't open Vado files with it. Other people recommended Video pad. So I downloaded and installed that. It opens the files, but then the audio and video are drastically out of sync. So that doesn't work either. Very confusing and frustrating. I just want software that works and I don't want to spend money on software if it isn't guaranteed to be compatible. I tried to use Vado Central, but the instructions on the My Vado website talk about clicking the Video Editing button. And there is no such button on the screen. This makes no sense!

Pinnacle Studio Ultimate version 12 works for me:
    Import Formats
    Video: AVCHD, DV, HDV, AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DivX, MPEG-4, 3GP (MPEG-4), WMV, Non-encrypted DVD titles
    Audio: MP3, MPA, WAV, AC3
    Graphic: BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, PSD, TGA, TIF, WMF

Thanks, lots of people speak highly of it. I'm hoping to try free software first, that's why I tried Videopad.
    Did some more Goggling on the problem of audio being out of sync. Turns out it's not Videopad's fault, but a problem with CPU power. Mine isn’t quite up to spec --1.81 GHz instead of the recommended 2.8 GHz. I'm going to try running it with nothing running in background and see if that helps. Other people also suggested lowering the resolution from HD+ to HD. I'll try that too.

Let me know how it works out. I've been dealing with the same problem. Just got the Vado HD for Christmas and the video quality is amazing, but I too want to have the availability to edit my Vado HD videos, once they are stored on my PC. I had just moved my videos off the video to allow me access to more storage to video. There were videos I wanted to edit but found out the same thing you had its not possible!! So, if anyone has any further suggestions, would be much appreciated. Thanks