Thread: Creative Vado video clips play upside down in Vado Central

Creative Vado video clips play upside down in Vado Central

I recently purchased the Vado HD and the videos are excellent and they display fine on my HDMI TV and in Media Center but when I try to play them in Vado Central they all play upside down even though they are oriented properly in the main screen. I find no way of 'lapping' the videos and nothing in regards to settings in order to change this. I have removed the codec and the software and when it automatically reinstalls, I get the same upside down result when playing them back. Obviously, this is frustrating, any help? Thanks.

Re: Creative Vado video clips play upside down in Vado Central

This is the first time I have heard of this problem. Do you mean that the video is flipped vertically or rotated 180 degrees? Does this only happen in Vado Central? If this is so, then it's a software issue and you need to get a new copy of the software. I doubt it is hardware related if you can see it properly on the Vado screen. By the way, there is no setting for flipping the video.

I've tried everything imaginable and yet in Vado Central, my videos still play upside down. The software box is oriented correctly and again, the videos play fine in Windows Media Player and on the device itself. I tried uninstalling the latest software and re-installing the old version all to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. But it dint work properly. Thank you.

That is very strange. I don't think I can help you much on this problem. Like I said on my first post here, I have not heard of this problem before. So my best guess now is that it is some rare hardware issue. I would get it exchanged for a new one ASAP. Sorry I cannot be of much help. I think know only you need to go to service centre and you should show them your problem or else wait till someone else replies you over here.

As far as I can tell, ffdshow is the only codec that is active on the bottom right of my XP Windows bar. Out of the box, I was unable to run Vado Central. After I loaded ffdshow, Vado Central worked perfectly. I also deleted the codec that came on the Vado HD. After updating the software to VADOHD_PCAPP_LA_2_00_09.exe I noticed another codec was installed on the VadoHD. I deleted that one as well, but Vado Central continues to display the playback on my computer upside down. (I should add that the video display on the Vado HD is fine not upside down.)

Yesterday I received a VadoHD for my birthday and I believe I am experiencing the same problem. Shooting and playback on the device itself is fine, and also viewing in the VadoHD software is fine, and so is viewing in Windows Media Player. But when I try using Winamp or any similar program it plays upside-down and mirrored (flipped.) Do I need a codec for HD video or something?

Mine just started doing this today. It only happens with Vado's Native files. I can play any other videos from my PC through Vado and it plays fine. But even the raw files created with the Vado a couple weeks ago, that were copied to my PC now play inverted. They played correctly when originally created. They are not rotated, but flipped bottom to top. The ones edited with WMM or Pinnacle Studio still plays correctly. Just the raw ones are flipped.

I just downloaded the newest "update" as the CL frequent troubleshooting told me to do. And guess what even though I was able to create a small video (that the original software which came in the camera did not do) it plays UPSIDE DOWN and there is no button or menu within the software to make any corrections. This Creative labs product has a lot of bugs. CL should not make it so frustrating for its customers. They are just sloppy technicians and do not iron out bugs before rushing their product to market. You, I and lots of others have been taken for that ride. Now I have to spend another several days and many of my precious hours trying to email their support and hoping for an answer. BTW, the last correspondence re a problem, I kept getting dif. answers from their dif techs (you can see name at bottom of their emails.