Thread: Nokia N8 temperature rises when it is normally used

Nokia N8 temperature rises when it is normally used

It has been more than a month that I am using the nokia N8 for my normal purpose, the phone features and the performance that it is providing to me is the best I had ever seen in any of the device which I have come across, so as I use this device for all the normal uses like live TV streaming of the programs and also used as the modem when I connect it to the computer, it just start heating up, I have seen this problem many times, it also increases the temperature when the mobile phone is kept for charging, so the thing that I am worried about is why is the phone getting heated so frequently and that too so high temperature also, I am not able to understand the main problem in it, so it would be better that if someone would help me in this.

Re: Nokia N8 temperature rises when it is normally used

I have also faced this kind of the problem in the recent time, the thing is that the power that is used and also provided to the processor of the mobile phone in such a time when you are using this thing for so much application is high, so because of that the heat is generally emitted to it, which will make the whole device hot, as there is no ventilation for the Air to be passed out from it, also I have seen that the device is just getting hot when it touched in the back side of the device. So it should be normal.

The heating of the mobile is not a good indication, yes but when it is warm that is okay as the device is been used for many purpose, but just getting warm Is bad for you and for the device also. Due to the heat that is emitted from it, will create a lot of problem in the parts which are minute and also some time very sensitive to the heat, as it will cause the imp proper functioning of the device in it, if the heat goes more than a limit then it will surely hamper the functioning of the device and also create an health hazard issue like it can burst but that is very low in probability, but still there is some chance of happening that way, so just take care about it.

From when is this kind of the problem is been happening in the mobile of yours, if the problem is been happening from the start then it is better that you just go for the replacement of the device, as this kind of the problem should not happened in it, as the device is made in such a condition that when you use the mobile for the daily purpose then it should be behaving in a normal way, but if the device is getting hotter than what you expect then it is better that you just go for the replacement of the device as it is in warranty period.

It might be the problem of the manufacturer who has not provided the proper method for the heat to be escaped from the device, this is happening because of the heat is getting accumulated in the device and no proper ventilation that is provided to it, so now the whole story cutting it short the design of the mobile is termed as defective, so the only thing that you can do is to just beware of all the thing like you have to keep the mobile in a cool place where the device can be cooled immediately when it is used as a modem or for other purpose, just be normal and don’t worry about it, this thing will a habit to you after some time.

I think the battery that is present in the mobile is giving the problem as you said that the mobile is also getting heated when it is been charged, so it think that the battery is somewhere responsible for the problem that is happening in the mobile of yours, so the solution for this will be to change the battery of the device and check whether the problem is happening or not in it, also this will make sure if the problem is in the main device or in the battery, the battery is faulty so according to me it should be changed by the manufacturer only, just give him the device and tell him to solve the problem that is happening in it.

Hey thanks for the options and the solution that you have provided to me, I have seen that the main problem is in the device and the design which is present is working fine hence there is no problem in it, I think some of the minor difficulty that is present in it which is causing the problem in it, I have seen my friends phone and it does not get that hot how much my mobile is getting hot, so I will see that the device is given back and the new and the proper one is been brought to me as it is in warranty period which is still Activated in it.

sad Re: Nokia N8 temperature rises when it is normally used

heyy! i have also got the same problem in my n8. Is it possible to change my handset with new one fresh as it is in warranty period...
    Last edited by ketan1881; 26-04-2011 at 01:15 AM.