Thread: Word processing application for Motorola Xoom

Word processing application for Motorola Xoom

I have purchased a brand new Motorola Xoom from the store last week. This tablet is just awesome, and I found that it has fascinating features and is more attractive and enhanced then the Apple iPad that I had earlier. I am enjoying the experience on working on the Motorola Xoom. Actually I am working in a consultancy firm and so I require a word processing application, so just wanted to know if there are some applications for my Xoom.

Re: Word processing application for Motorola Xoom

The office application suite called the “Quickoffice” is now available on the Android market. Actually it is also known as "Quick Connect Mobile Office Suite", and it allows you to make changes to documents and save them in a cloud. The program was previously pre-installed on mobile phone models like HTC Magic and Nexus One but without the ability to edit documents. It allows users to edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. On cloud services Quickoffice supports Apple's MobileMe , Google Docs , Box.net and Dropbox .

Yes even I use the “Quickoffice” application for my Android phone. I have to say that Android obviously needed an application to open Word and Excel documents. So, Quickoffice is the first application to offer such a benefit. While this service has no document editing capabilities, you can still view PowerPoint files. Credit must be given to the people of Quickoffice for being the pioneers in creating an application that can open documents from Microsoft Word and Excel in a mobile phone based on Android.

The functionality of the Google Mobile has expanded to include the editing of texts and tables. Google documents are now available in a mobile version for Android and, IOS. Smartphones can now thank the expansion pack of the famous Google Docs. Using the “Docs to go” application you can now easily open a document, can even edit and save a document. And I usually prefer this application for word processing purposes.

Dataviz has announced “Documents to go 3.0” for the Android platform. With a brand new interface it is considered more ergonomic. This application is now compatible with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and is created through Microsoft Office 2010. It even includes an update of file explorer. It has a feature in which you can include a password to protect your document. The application “PDF-to-Go”, which is included in the paid version of the suite, now supports multicast and keyboard shortcuts. The links within a PDF document are clickable and the user can benefit from various playback options like the Multi-display pages or rotation.

sad Re: Word processing application for Motorola Xoom

My Motorola Xoom is new. I get it about being able to edit BUT can one create using the tools you've mentioned for word processing? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrebel63 View Post
    My Motorola Xoom is new. I get it about being able to edit BUT can one create using the tools you've mentioned for word processing? Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried going to docs.google.com? While not perfect this seems to work fine on my Android based phone? I wouldsay it also depends a bit on what you want / need to do. There are applications like Evernote that allow you to type on your device as well as desktop and keep things sync'd, but it's really going to depend on how much "word processing" you need.