Thread: Sony Ericsson XPERIA Mini Pro is not charging

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Mini Pro is not charging

Hi, I have recently purchased my new Sony Ericsson XPERIA Mini Pro; to be precise I had purchased it 2 months back. Within two months of use it has started showing with this particular problem with charging. No matter what I try, I am unable to charge my phone. I have put my cell to charge but and the charge light is also displayed on the phone but the problem is the charge percentage is never increasing. Buying this mobile phone has given me more disappointments now. Does anyone know how to solve the problem? Please help me.

Re: Sony Ericsson XPERIA Mini Pro is not charging

I am not sure whether this method is 100% working but whenever I face such kind of problem I perform the following task. You should probably perform a Hardware Reset of your phone. You can do it by pressing the Switch ON/OFF button together with the Home button which is usually the middle hard button. When you perform this, your mobile would vibrate and power up. Once you have performed the hardware reset your mobile phone will restart. Check if your problem still exists after this.

You should first remove the battery of your mobile and reinsert it after some time. Once you done with this, perform the Hardware Reset as mentioned in the above post. And if this does not works then you should try the following steps and connect your mobile to some laptop or PC. Connect the phone with the PC/laptop with the help of USB cable. But remember to press and hold the BACK button and then plug to the PC. Continue to hold the keys till the LED flash light starts to blink. This would probably start the charging of your mobile.

You must probably try to recharge your mobile with another charger. It is possible that your current charger must have some fault and that is why you are unable to recharge your mobile. So get a new charger and try to charge your mobile phone. If you are still unable to charge then there are high chances that your battery must be faulty. So if it is convenient with you then I would suggest you to get a new battery and check if the problem still exists with the new one.

There must be some sort of software or firmware issues in your mobile. I would recommend you to perform software repair. It is known that system repair will delete all the data stored in the phone memory so it is better that you perform a backup of it. It is also advised to make sure the battery of the mobile is always kept fully charged. Because if while performing system repair, if your mobile phone lost its charge, it would probably mix all the software and the system files and thereby spoiling your mobile phone more and even making it a piece of junk in the later years. You can either make the Use of the PC components or SE Update Service. Download and install it in your PC/laptop from the official website of Sony Ericsson.

It’s being just 2 months since you purchased your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro, so then what are you waiting for? You must not forget that your mobile is still under warranty periods. So the best possible advice would be to contact the nearest Sony Ericsson Care Center and fix an appointment to get your mobile repaired by the technical staff of Sony Ericsson itself. Or if you want you can also go for the replacement of the product, as the repair/replacement won’t be costing you anything.