Thread: Use of Camera forces Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini to restart

Use of Camera forces Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini to restart

My brother has gifted me Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini three months back and it was working fine until two days back. Now it has started working strangely. Nowadays whenever I start my camera to click pictures my Xperia X10 Mini would perform restart rather than starting the camera. I am unable to verify the main cause for this problem. Does anyone know what must be causing this problem to occur? Any suggestions regarding more help over this matter will surely be appreciated by me. Please help me.

Re: Use of Camera forces Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini to restart

It is very hard to verify and tell what must be the real reason behind this unusual restart of your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini. The reason can be anything. According to me, the problem must be probably with the SD card of your phone because the phone camera application is using that. So I would recommend you to format your SD card or remove it and then try to start the camera application. Also if it is possible you can try to use the camera after using some other SD card.

You should probably make sure that your phone is not attacked by any kind of virus. Also check for virus in your SD card. Viruses can be one reason behind the unusual rebooting of your X10 Mini mobile phone. You should connect your mobile to any PC or laptop and must perform a complete scan. Remove the Threats if you found any in your mobile, SD card and your system to which you have connected your mobile with. You can perform scan of your mobile by using any good PC software or you can download and install any Antivirus for mobiles.

Thank you, guys for your quick post. It was very kind of you people to remove some time from your busy life for a stranger like me and reply to my post. But unfortunate to say that your suggestions did not helped me solve my problem. I changed the SD card, formatted it, I even tried working without any SD card but nothing helped me. I have performed virus scan for my phone and luckily nothing was found. This problem is really annoying me now. Someone Please help me. It will be very helpful of you.

You should probably try to perform Hardware reset and check whether you are still facing the problem or not. Press the Switch ON/OFF button together with the Home button to perform the hardware reset. Check whether the problem still exists or not. There is a possibility that your mobile must be having some software/firmware issues. You can solve it by performing software repair. Use the PC components or SE Update Service to perform Software repair. You can download the following from the official site of Sony Ericsson. Make sure that your battery is fully charged before you perform software repair.

I am still surprised how come no one suggested you to visit the Sony Ericsson Customer Care center for help. As you have purchased your mobile phone recently, you must be having its bill (if you have legally purchased it). If you have then you should claim your warranty and ask them to get your mobile repaired. Within warranty period everything will be Free of cost. If the problem is more then you can even get your mobile replaced with another one in the same model which you are using. The technical staffs of Sony Ericsson are the best people who can solve your problem regarding Sony Ericsson mobiles.