Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play: PC can charge the phone but failing to detect

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play: PC can charge the phone but failing to detect

This particular forum has helped me to fix the problem of mine. Well I am having Sonny Ericsson Xperia Play. I have found that the I am able to charge the phone of mine using USB cable but the computer of mine is unable to detect the phone of mine. I am unable to find out why this particular problem is occurring on the phone of mine. Let me know if you are having any solution to solve the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play: PC can charge the phone but failing to detect

I am suspecting that there is something wrong with the USB cable which you are having. Well according to me you should get any other USB cable from the friends of yours and see whether you are able to detect or not. If you are able to detect then I am sure that the USB cable is having an issue and you need to change the same. So you should try the above mentioned thing and see whether you are able to fix the problem of yours.

Have you tried to fix the problem by trying with different USB port? Another thing you can try is to connecting your mobile phone with the different computer and see whether you are able to connect or not. this particular thing will help you to find out whether there is an issue with the USB port itself or the phone of yours. i am hoping that the suggestion which I have mentioned over here would be helpful to you.

Well I have found that this particular problem is occurring due to the SD card which you are using with the phone of yours. i think you need to format the device of yours for this particular matter. One thing you should notice that you must the format the SD card through the computer rather than formatting through Phone. Also make sure that you have formatted the SD card in to FAT32 format. So format the SD card and see whether it is working or not.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suspecting that this issue might be occurring due to the PC suite which you have installed on the computer. hence I recommend that you should reinstall the PC suite on the computer and see whether there is any difference in the situation. Also you can try to fix the issue by updating the PC suite on the computer. let me know the results of the above mentioned thing.

Tell me whether you are having Service warranty or not. Well if your answer is yes then I recommend that you should visit the official service center and claim for the service warranty. One thing you should note that your device should not have any physical damage otherwise the service warranty would be void. I am hoping that the service center people would help you to fix the problem of yours.