Thread: Wi-fi constantly drops in BlackBerry PlayBook

Wi-fi constantly drops in BlackBerry PlayBook

I got this new BlackBerry PlayBook and in general I am quite happy with it. There was no problem with the BlackBerry PlayBook until now.There has been some kind go problem with it suddenly and the problem that arose is that the Wi-fi constantly drops in BlackBerry PlayBook.So is it happening to this as well.If yes then do get back to me to let us know what the problem is .And if that is not the problem then please inform me to know what I need to do to solve the problem.

Re: Wi-fi constantly drops in BlackBerry PlayBook

I just had a look at the question and would tell you that I have set-up my Wi-fi with the correct settings and my playbook constantly loses the connection even though I am almost five feet from my router. I cannot access the web or any application that needs web access as the connection continuously drops. Also I fell that my signal level shows to be around 71dBm which I can only tell you that it is proper.

I just want to know that what router are you using? Also I think that what type of Wi-Fi connection do you have?Also I would tell you that I am connected to WEP 64 bit on G 2.4 ghz on a Netgear WVPN824 with QOS turned off. And there is no problem at all and I guess that even you need to use the same solution that I have used and then there won’t be issues at all.Also if there is any problem while using this solutions then do get back to me as I can help you with this.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given me and would say that I was looking out for similar kind of solutions and think that I need to set-up my Wi-fi with the correct settings and also need to see my playbook constantly whether it loses the connection even though I am almost five feet from my router. SO this is what I need to do to solve the problem that I was facing and would say that I hope it will work out for me. And I will tell you that if there are any other solutions then please get back to me on this.

I have another solution to this question .SO what you can do is that you can just try a different location and then you can use the McDonalds hot spot today with no issue.I think that this is the solution that you need to use and then there won’t be any problem at all.Also I think that if this solution doesn’t work for you then you can go ahead with the different solution .So I am sure that any of these solution will definitely work for you and will help you to fix the issue that you are using.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given and would tell you that the solution has really helped me to solve the problem that I was facing. I used the same solution and followed the same procedure to solve the query that I was used. What I did was that I have set-up my Wi-fi with the correct settings and my playbook didn’t lose the connection even though I am almost five feet from my router. So this is how the problem got solved immediately.

I was having increasing (maddening!) problems with wifi on my two week old Playbook not being able to hold a wifi connection to the internet. I use a 1st generation Apple Airport Extreme 80211N router — and have had no trouble maintaining wi-fi connections on the following:
    - Blackberry Curve 9300 (ATT)
    - Samsung Captivate smartphone
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (w/Verizon 3G)
    - Asus Transformer Android 10" "Honeycomb" tablet
    - TiVo Premiere
    - Dell Inspiron 15"
    - MacBook Pro
    - iPad 1
    - iPhones 3GS and 4

So... a lot of wi-fi devices.

I solved my Blackberry Playbook wifi problem by fiddling with the Apple Airport Extreme router. The setting that had been causing so much trouble was my set-up default of "WPA2 Personal."

So first, I reverted back to WEP and that was a total fail on the PlayBook. When I switched over (and rebooted) to "WPA/WPA2 Personal" the Playbook's wifi came on line like a hot knife through butter! It successfully downloaded the newest large PB OS update in, like, 3 minutes!

Since switching the router settings, I have not been kicked off Playbook's wifi once. So I hope this may help others.

— Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by BansiJ View Post
    I just had a look at the question and would tell you that I have set-up my Wi-fi with the correct settings and my playbook constantly loses the connection even though I am almost five feet from my router. I cannot access the web or any application that needs web access as the connection continuously drops. Also I fell that my signal level shows to be around 71dBm which I can only tell you that it is proper.