Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-04-2011

CD Drive drivers for the Dell Dimension 9200.

Guys I am using Dell Dimension 9200 Machine from last one year I didn?t face any problem with that machine but few days back I have replaced HD of the machine and the problem is now that I can?t repair the operating system on it , I had Windows XP on it and I used XP disk to repair the OS but the SATA CD drive doesn?t even recognize it. I have searched a lot over the net but I didn?t found any proper solution guys please help me out, as I don?t have much knowledge of all this stuffs. Please tell me what drivers I should install in the machine.
Old 20-04-2011

Re: CD Drive drivers for the Dell Dimension 9200.

Guys I am using Dell Dimension 9200 Machine from last one year I didn?t face any problem with that machine but few days back I have replaced HD of the machine and the problem is now that I can?t repair the operating system on it , I had Windows XP on it and I used XP disk to repair the OS but the SATA CD drive doesn?t even recognize it. I have searched a lot over the net but I didn?t found any proper solution guys please help me out, as I don?t have much knowledge of all this stuffs. Please tell me what drivers I should install in the machine.
Old 20-04-2011

Well mate it?s quite easy first you have to enter to ?Setup? F2 on the Dell screen and now first highlight the ?SATA Operation? And then you must ?Turn off? the Raid. And after that you have to save all the settings. And restart your system This time XP should install. Same thing happened with me but when I did this trick everything worked smoothly, I hope this trick will also work for you. If you face any trouble revert back soon.
Old 20-04-2011

Yeah that thing should work for you, even I had done the same thing just ?Turn off? the Raid but if you have a ?Floppy drive? then you have to download few drivers first just search for the ?32-bit Intel? RST Driver Files for F6 Install ? on google and download the driver mentioned in it. and now extract the file on a Floppy disk. Now install them at the F6screen at the beginning of Windows XP installation. But if you are using this method then don?t make any change in th BIOS.
Old 21-04-2011

Guys thanks a lot for taking part in this topic I don?t have Floppy drive so there was no need to download those drives, I just followed the above instruction and by ?Turn off? Raid. The problem got solved. I was bit worried because I thought maybe while replacing hard drive I might have physically damaged something but it wasn?t something like that, so it was just few steps few and I installed XP successfully on my system. Thank you guys , I highly appreciate it, whenever I posted I query on this site always I got instant replies.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,