Thread: BlackBerry PlayBook does not restart after initial Software Update

BlackBerry PlayBook does not restart after initial Software Update

I got this new Blackberry Playbook and I am very excited with it. I was looking for such thing from a long time and now that I have got it just really excites me to use it. But now suddenly I have been facing from some problem. The problem is that BlackBerry PlayBook does not restart after initial Software Update.What happened is that the PlayBook successfully downloaded the 270MB updates and installed it. It then restarted but all I am looking at now is colored circles.So can anyone tell me how to fix the issue that I am currently facing.

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook does not restart after initial Software Update

I also got this new BlackBerry PlayBook and was trying to update on three units in-store. All four would not get past the startup screen after the initial software update to 1.0.1.1690. I am on hold with Blackberry support trying to find a solution. SO I guess that even you can contact then and see of they provide you with any solution or not .I guess that they might provide you with some kind of solution that may help you to fix the issue that you are facing.

I Just finished talking to Blackberry technical support. I think that this is the problem that can be fixed by using the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software which is PC version only and attaching the dead Playbook to your computer and running the software update there.This is what I feel you need to do to solve the query that you were facing.So this is what you need to do to solve the query that you are facing.

Thanks a lot for the solution that you have given.I think that I just need to look at the solutions that you have given and then there wont be much of the problem that I am having right now.I hope that these solutions will really help me out on this issue.Also I would tell you that if there are any other solutions that are available then do get back to me as I am really waiting for the solutions to help me out on this problem.

Same problem and same solution.I am sure that you need to follow the same solutions that have been provided over here and then everything will be alright.I had a similar kind for problem and I used these same solution to fix them.Also I would tell you that all those updates worked perfectly fine.So I am quite sure that these updates will even work for you properly.Also do let us know of these solution have worked for you or not.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided to me. I think that this is something that has worked for me perfectly. It helped me a lot and would tell you that they were really handy to solve the problem. I followed the same steps that were mentioned and would tell you that it solved the issue quickly .Also I would say that this should be used by all the people who are facing from similar issue and would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided to get away with this problem.