Thread: Blackberry playbook cannot play mp3 attachments

Blackberry playbook cannot play mp3 attachments

Recently I have bought a new blackberry playbook. It is a very portable tablet PC which I have been looking from the long time. Finally I got it in my pocket. I have got a voice mail via email. I tried to open it in and play it in the playbook. But the playbook didn’t play at all. Seems to be that it is not capable to play any mp3 attachments which were received via Email. However my blackberry Torch can play this file without any problems. I know that the playbook have number of features but it still not out of issues.

re: Blackberry playbook cannot play mp3 attachments

It really seems to me like a bug or software failure in the playbook. However it is still in the market and many users have not used it completely. Therefore this issue is still not known by the blackberry. Once they get many feedbacks from the users regarding this issue, the blackberry or RIM surely going to get a fix in their next software update. Till then you need to find any alternative method to make it work or play.

I don’t think that such issue will exist in this new and innovative model called Blackberry Playbook. This tablet PC is bundled with full of features which is far more than which you can find in other tablet PCs or pads. The size of this device actually make it much portable and allowed you to carry along with you anywhere which can fit in your jacket pouch. The issue may be in the browser or may be the missing applications in the playbook. If there is any update for browser then you should check on that. Furthermore make sure that you have the good Audio player application which is capable to play any format of audio files.

It looks like you have received the unsupported audio file in your Email attachment which the playbook does not able to recognize. The attached audio file may be unsupported format for your device which it cannot play in any manner. In order to play such files directly from the attachments you must try to use some additional applications. The playbook uses a good and advanced browser which supports HTML5 and many more features. So I think that it should play email attachment.

It looks like the mp3 file might be corrupted and due to this the blackberry playbook not capable to open and play it. If the attached file is a large or lengthy file then it may not be able to play sometimes. Does your device have any kind of media player or audio player? Make sure that this player is configured to play the email attachments directly. If it is not then go through the options and make some necessary changes. Sometime you might need to download the whole file before playing it.

If your current web browser or media player installed in playbook does not capable to play this file then you should try different application or browser or the player. For this you should go to Blackberry Appworld. There you will get number of applications for your blackberry devices. You may also get different browser and media player there. Also check the whether there is any update for your current and media player or not.