Thread: Memory utilization steadily increases when laptop is switched on even though no applications are being running

Memory utilization steadily increases when laptop is switched on even though no applications are being running

I am having Dell laptop. I am having Alienware M17x. When I power up the memory usage of the system is being rises to the 3.9GB even though there is no application is being running on the laptop. The system is seems to be freeze due to this particular matter. Let me know if you are having any idea regarding this particular issue. Any suggestion to solve the matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Memory utilization steadily increases when laptop is switched on even though no applications are being running

I am unable to figure out why this particular problem is occurring on the computer. Can you tell me which operating system do you have installed on the computer? I want to about the entire system configuration of the laptop of yours. From when you are getting this particular problem. I am suspecting that this particular problem is occurring due to virus attack so tell me which antivirus do you have installed on the laptop of yours.

Re: Memory utilization steadily increases when laptop is switched on even though no applications are being running

I recommend that you should boot the computer into safe mode and see whether there is any difference in the situation. You need to reboot the computer and press F8 from the keyboard. Advanced Boot Menu screen will pop up on the screen. Where you have to select the Safe mode using the arrow key and press enter. Once you have boot the computer into safe mode and see whether there is any difference in the situation or not.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting that you should use the CCleaner. You can get the CCleaner from the official website and download the same on the computer. You should install and run a virus scan on the computer. after finishing with the virus scan you should restart the computer. I am hoping that the CCleaner will help you out to fix the problem of yours.

I am suspecting that this particular problem is occurring due to the malware attack on the computer. you need to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. You can get this particular software tool from the official website and install the same on the computer. once you have updated the software you have to click on the Perform Quick Scan option and click on the Scan button. Once the scanning is gets completed you need to reboot the computer.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. Well I am recommend that you should get the ESET Online Scan from the official website. You should download and install the same on the computer. after installing the same you need to click on the 'Scan for potentially unwanted applications', 'Scan for potentially unsafe applications', and 'Enable Anti-Stealth' Technology options from the Advanced settings and Click on the Scan. After finishing with scan you should reboot the computer.